Friday, June 21, 2013

Focus

Some days, actually most days, I find it extremely hard to focus. Now I'm at this point where I get bored with stuff so easy and am ready to move on to the next thing before I even complete a thought. I hate that too, it annoys me. I have a long list of things I want to do, learn to do but I seem to be stuck at the point of running the ideas and plotting them very carefully in my mind. Somewhere in my mind is where they get sucked in to the abyss, jumbled up with all the other things that have got lost there, only to come around for a brief moment every so often. I just don't want to get to a certain age and look back with regret for not trying. I've asked myself why I get bored so easily and I'm not sure but my possible answers are as follows: 1) I'm afraid I'm going to miss out on something so I try to do every thing I can at once, 2) I'm afraid of failing so I just let myself get so far and think that's enough 3) I just legitimately  have a problem being able to stay focused. Of those reasons two of them have a word I loathe in them, which is afraid. I know you got to have a bit of fear that equates to just having common sense so I won't do dangerous things and the like. However, if it's just plain old fear than that's a terrible excuse for me to be holding myself back and not trying to complete these ideas and things I want to try to do. For a while now I've been trying to step out of my comfort zone, especially when I realize that the only reason I'm not doing something is because it's out of my comfort zone. It's little things but as they say Rome wasn't built in a day. I guess it really isn't a bad thing to take your time and make sure you're adding the right stuff to become who you want to be. I don't know a lot about carpentry and construction but I do know the foundation is very important to be able to hold up the structure for years and I think I'm just trying to make sure my foundation is being made right and can withstand whatever comes my way over the years and I can stand as the person I want to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment