Thursday, October 1, 2015

For Such A Time As This

For everything there is a season,  a time for every activity under heaven...
 Ecclesiastes 3:1

You ever see something and then before you realize it you are seeing that something quite frequently. Kind of like how you never see, or hardly ever, see a car like you have until you get that car and then you notice the exact same vehicle constantly. Sometimes I do that with other things like that bible verse. Actually, now that I think about it there are a few bible verses that seem to be popping up quite frequently which are the previously mentioned one, the one referencing for such a time as this (Esther 4:14) and the one that states God makes everything beautiful in its time (Ecclesiastes 3:11). Two things I can take from this 1) I have to much time to focus on things...over think, okay I have to much time to over think 2) funny how these all have something to do with seasons and time. I'm one to believe that everything happens for a reason, things happen when they are supposed to (sometimes delayed due to our own actions or those of others but in the long run it can still generally be seen that there was a reason for that and it ended up happening at the right time), and that sooner or later the truth will always be found. The truth is out there - as the X-Files so often said (speaking of which anyone else excited to see the new episodes next year?) I think sometimes one can become like Rip Van Winkle in a way that one becomes idle, lazy, comfortable what-have-you and we stay in seasons longer than was the original plan or one is busy 'sleeping' and miss his/her for such a time as this moment. I'm personally also learning to not be to harsh on myself if/when I do realize I overslept in a season or missed an opportunity to get me closer to that destination for such a time as this. Call it a pop quiz I wasn't prepared for but remember the lesson and try to be ready next time. Not that I always handle it that well but I try.  Back at the end of August I got  to go to Air1 Positive Hits tour (not sure if I wrote about it or not because I get lots of thoughts and ideas and write them out in my head but never get around to getting them typed out here or written down in a notebook/journal). Anyway, it was by far one of the best concerts I have ever been fortunate enough to get to go to. A couple of things have stuck with me since that day. One being how we are all different yet so much alike. For example NF told a bit of his background and I can relate to several of his lyrics yet how we got there is different but if you think about it at the center of it fear, lies and a few other terrible tasting ingredients can be found. Another thing was toward the end of the show, actually I think it was the last song Crowder sang and ended the show with he said something that kind of stuck. I won't get it right word for word cause that was a couple of months ago but he said something along the lines of if you all could see what I am seeing from here on this stage. Which, as weird as it sounds, truly amazed me because here I am in this room of hundreds of people not knowing their stories but to think and somewhat get a glimpse or an idea of how we all are going through some type of season on our way to such a time as this. No doubt on that stage Crowder saw people raising their hands some with tears in their eyes, some maybe standing there with their eyes closed in prayer telling God I don't know how or why I'm going through this or someone I know is going through this but I know you are still there and for that I thank you or maybe, just maybe one of those songs that was sang that night reminded someone to not give up and they finally felt a ray of hope that had been alluding them. See I don't know or truly understand what season I am at right now but I know that I am here and I am who I am right now for such a time as this. 



No comments:

Post a Comment