Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Thinking of My Grandma

With the holidays upon us once again it always makes me miss my grandma a little more than usual. Earlier this year I wrote a poem about her and I thought that would be one of the first of my older poems/writings that I would post on here. I loved my grandma dearly, and like so many other things and people in my life I don't think I really appreciated her until she was gone and it was to late for me to tell her so. She helped raise me and was more like my mom than just my grandma, in fact as long as I live I will consider her my mom. Anyway here is the poem I wrote:

My Grandma, My Hero
Ten years now you've been gone,
Sometimes it doesn't feel that long
I hope to be with you again one day
But until then the memories I'll replay.

Every time I hear Alan Jackson
I catch myself laughing
At how you'd act so silly
Anytime you saw him on TV

Through all your pain you had a smile
Worried more about others all the while.
You had such will power to survive
All the obstacles you faced in life

You helped me become who I am today.
Teaching me to always have faith.
So even though there are hard days
I know you are in a better place

I miss the stories you told
I miss your hugs the most
And if I could say one more thing to you
It would have to be I love you

No comments:

Post a Comment