Tuesday, May 26, 2015

Good Titles Are Difficult To Find

I'm not sure if I've posted this poem/writing/whatever you would like to call it before (and ultimately deleted it because I can't find it) or I really have wrestled with myself that much and from the point of writing this whether or not to post it. I'm not sure why I am so hesitant about sharing this one, not that it's the first time, but it has been so long since I was even able to write anything I don't remember the last time. Because I'm still wrestling with whether to post this or not and because I haven't written about any books for awhile shall I procrastinate this a little bit longer. First, why is there not a warning on books that it is part of a series? It should be mentioned on the cover, on a page before the story begins and even an I told you so page at the end. I say that because I recently bought the book The Choosing  by Rachelle Dekker (to be fair it does say A Seer Novel on the cover which should have clued me in that it was part of a series but I was just so excited to get the book I didn't put two and two together). I'm only a few chapters in and already I can so relate to some of the thoughts and emotions of the main character, Carrington, but now that I know it's part of a series and the next book doesn't come out until Summer 2016. That's over a year to wait, thank God I have a fairly decent sized stack of books in my to be read pile. I think I'm just going to have to read it and read it again before the next book in the series is released. For now I've stopped reading it and moved to a book called Snow on the Tulips by Liz Tolsma (also recommend Daisies are Forever by her and both are set in WWII era). Funny story, I had tried to start reading this one awhile back and it just wasn't working but started reading it last night and I only stopped cause sleep was winning. Short synopsis is that it's about Cornelia hiding her brother but now also a man named Gerrit who shows up on her doorstep not in good shape and not under the best of circumstances. Well now I'm just becoming like Grover in the book The Monster at the End of this Book (one of my many treasured Little Golden Books growing up and definitely one of my favorites....do you feel the nostalgia?!) So I guess if you are still reading and continue to read well you shall read the 'poem' I'm not sure if it is really finished or not but I suppose it's as good as it's gonna get and okay enough to resist the fear, vulnerability and such to post another writing...but before that enjoy this picture from the book The Monster at the End of this Book because maybe like Grover I'm being afraid for nothing...




Oh yeah and if the title sounds familiar, well you know I'm terrible with titles and I liked the one I used for a recent post and it seemed fitting for this particular writing so I recycled it.


Goodbye Fear, Hello Hope

There once was a seed sown
I added water to help it grow
It became a deep rooted vine
Full of nothing but lies

Sweeping them under the rug
Thought that was enough
Couldn't let others see my pain
M mind feeling like a derailed train

Fear had become my gatekeeper
It was my person grim reaper
But what was meant to destroy me
Is only part of my story

Thought I was turning the last page
But God said, 'No, wait.
There are some things I need to take
Chapters to add, time for a change.'

'My child you've felt so unworthy
It's time you see how important you are to me'
The walls I'd built finally crumbled
I built a staircase to the next level with the rubble

You put the broken pieces
Back together again
What I thought never would be
A new beginning instead of an end

Whether I fall or fly
Either way I'll be alright
Cause God is by my side
He'll catch me every time

No comments:

Post a Comment