Sunday, April 12, 2015

Change In The Making

Michelangelo said, “Every block of stone has a statue inside it, and it is the task of the sculptor to discover it.”  (or so the internet says truthfully I'm not entirely for sure but that's not the point). I tend to get lost in my head...a lot and it can be a toss up if it's a good thing or not. I am rather thankful and love it when I hear a song, read a passage from a book or hear something someone says and it flips a switch to help me find that elusive thought. I am very visual person (which considering how truly terrible my vision is could be borderline ironic I suppose). So sometimes when I hear a song something will pop in my mind or when I read I am walking in Narnia or the old town in the West. I also tend to start with something and go so many turns and so far I don't even know how I get there but that's part of the fun I suppose. Tonight I was listening to the song Change in the Making by Addison Road and something clicked, truthfully the whole song did that. Part of the particular song that did this states, This is me under construction...and every day I'm closer to who I'm meant to be I'm a change in the making. Here's where that visual thing kicked in and I pictured a big block of stone and someone chiseling away. Then I took it further and thought what if I was that block of stone that got hid by all this stuff until it finally started getting chipped away. And what if when each piece of that stone that fell turned into the word of what was being chipped away. Like the quote at the beginning of this with each chunk of stone (or lie if you will) that falls away the real me emerges. I love this song because it's saying there's a better version of me but right now I'm a total mess but that's okay because things are going to change because you (God) aren't through with me yet. I believe that I have to take the step and responsibility towards the change but I need Gods help one hundred percent. I can't chip away a lot of those things without God but I can't start getting rid of this stuff if I don't take the step and responsibility in handing over the chisel and hammer or whatever tools need to be used. Basically just don't get so lost looking at the stone (the mess) you forget to chip away and find the person that got hid away by the lies and such. We're all messes but we're all also a change in the making.

No comments:

Post a Comment