Saturday, April 4, 2015

20/20 Vision

You got to have a storm, or at the very least rain, to help things grow. In much the same way we sometimes have to go through storms but all storms eventually pass. Oh, but I'm getting ahead of myself.

Awhile back I wrote about having to have steroid injections due to some issues with my eyes. Well I thought all of that was over and I was back to my normal trouble seeing, until today. It would seem what was initially said was wrong with my eyes really wasn't the real issue to begin with. It is no secret nor do I ever pretend not to have a fear of losing my vision so needless to say I wasn't looking forward to my appointment today. Long story short I was told I have optic nerve drusen. Thankfully I don't think it's to big of a deal and the name is fun to say. According to the vision field test I took, my peripheral vision ian't so good but I'm a terrible test taker so not sure how accurate that was. At least I can't tell or feel that my peripheral vision is as bad as that test says it is. Funny enough the doctor asked again if I was bumping into stuff or just clumsy. Tripping on air is my talent and I can't help things like to jump in my path. But apparently he was saying that the optic nerve drusen could be why. I say sometimes clumsy is just clumsy but I guess sometimes it isn't. I still just say I'm clumsy the end. Needless to say my emotions were all over the place on my way home. And to be honest I feel bad for even worrying because it truly isn't that big of a thing yet here I go trying to fret over it. As I was contemplating another cry on my way home I saw some storm clouds (those April showers wasted no time showing up) and though it was a dark cloud there was still some light around it. Got me thinking, it did. Sometimes, ready or not we get caught in storms but the storm always passes, eh? Now I am not trying to downplay the seriousness of storms some face. A storm is a storm and when you're the one in it I realize it can feel like the worse storm and it very well may be. For me I think it's that even though I don't know what this particular storm has in store for me I think what is meant to shake or drown my faith is going to end up helping it grow. At least I hope. I want to dance even in the rain (figuratively because that's as close to dancing I get and for that you are welcome). So it is my belief that this to shall pass and/or Lord willing I'll figure out ways to cope. I did say I wanted answers so I can't go to to much extreme on any emotion because I'm finally getting told something and like I said I don't think it's even that big of a deal. I guess since I'm writing all of this that doesn't seem like I believe that to much but I truly do. I personally think to many get caught up on getting through the storm completely dry or unscathed and thinking that means they made it. Somehow they think they have failed if they fall or it takes linger to fet through the storm than others say it should be (do yourself a favor and don't do anything based on others time table). To me it isn't about how dry you are when you get out of the storm. It's the keeping on keeping on no matter how drenched, scared, or how many times you stopped and/or cried on your way through. You can only be a quitter when you completely and whole heartedly quit. So not to be naive or anything but from what I've read and everything I don't think this will be that big of a deal. I might not gave nor will I ever have 20/20 vision but I got vision nonetheless and for that I'm grateful.

No comments:

Post a Comment