Thursday, April 2, 2015

There Once was a Title...

Sometimes very random things happen to me and they strike me as funny or maybe a well huh moment. Yesterday I had two events, although one really doesn't fall in either of those categories, it would be filed under miscellaneous I suppose. We'll start with that one first. I was waiting for my frappuccino and was in a zone somewhere between listening to the workers talking and lost in my own thoughts. Not sure how long I was standing there but it wasn't that long and one of the workers realizes my cup is there and he says 'I'm sorry I didn't even see this. Why didn't you tell me?' I just say it's no big deal but I think even if I was the type to do that you wouldn't have heard me anyway. They then go on to say something along the line of thanks for being nice about it and I couldn't help but wonder how often people do get rude or at the very least impatient with workers at places like that. I just try to think they have a job that can be stressful and I don't know what they are going through in their personal life either so no real point in taking anything out on them. I'm a very impatient person but taking advantage of something like that to be rude or whatever just isn't my thing to do. To prove my point on being impatient not even forty five minutes later I unexpectedly had to wait for some work being done (trees being cut) and it wasn't that long but I started getting impatient and thinking I didn't understand why someone wasn't getting to go either the side I was on or people that bound to have been waiting in the opposite direction. Before that event though I had the funny random thing. There is a one lane bridge that I cross if I go a certain way which I did yesterday and in theory the cars should take turns so no one is waiting forever but that theory never happens. Generally if there is a car that is going the same direction you are and is already on the car you floor it like you're trying to get through a caution light so you can get on across the bridge. I write that from experience but for whatever reason yesterday I started to go across and suddenly stopped and backed up so the other people could go on across. The car that had been in front of me had barely gotten off of the bridge and the car on the opposite side was going to go no matter what which cracked me up and I thought oh wow they are aggravated and coming across no matter what. So as they get closer to my side I see they are rolling the window down and my mind comes up with a lot of scenarios of how this could go bad. Thankfully it didn't but I was right in that she was aggravated. She stopped and said something about if everyone would take turns you could go and not have to wait and then she thanks me for stopping. She went on to say something of what she thought she was going to have to do, I didn't catch it all but I'm fairly certain we all should be glad she didn't have to. Ironically enough just as I was about to go someone decided it was their turn so I had to back up again. Third time was the charm and I finally got to go. I just  kept thinking that was weird twice I got thanked for stuff that I don't even really know what I did and it was just random. I had somewhere I was going to go with all of this but I took to long to type it and now I don't know. I guess it shows that you can be appreciative for even the simplest things sometimes. I have a bad habit of saying thank  you every time someone agrees with me, could be a worse habit I suppose.

I'm not sure if other people do this or not but I'm not a good planner when it comes to going somewhere for a trip. Basically I get the idea of where I'm going and I wing the rest of it. I might try to look up some popular attractions and think of some things I could do but never set anything in stone. I guess it's because I know how indecisive I am so I give myself many options for when I no doubt change my mind and only decide for certain right before I leave the house or am on the road. I don't tend to be that bad when I'm going with someone mainly when it's solo trips.  So with that in mind I've been trying to figure out where I could go for a few days. Most places I can't for various reasons and most all come back to I can't go there by myself....or can I? That's where I'm at now because I have a safe back up place I can go to get away but I want to go somewhere different. My goal is to go to different places I've never been this year. I've about convinced myself that I need to go to this place it will be a quick trip but I'll get to see what I want or at least the two things I know for sure I want to see. When I get there I may regret not having more time. Really as long as I use common sense I don't see why I should let going somewhere by myself hold me back. I have tried so much to find somewhere else to go but I keep going back to this particular place. Whatever I do and wherever I go I just hope I can get away for a few days and I hope I don't let fear keep me from going somewhere, common sense sure but not the fear.

With that I guess all that is left to say for now is thank you for reading this, especially if you got to this point.

No comments:

Post a Comment