Tuesday, January 17, 2017

Thank you for being a friend

Sometimes I have what I like to refer to as my song for the day/moment. Ever have that happen, just a line from a song just pop in your head and you sing it throughout the day whether you want to or not, or you just have to find the song to listen to the whole thing on repeat throughout the day? Today's song and this particular post is brought to you in part by Dottie Rambo and her song Tears Will Never Stain the Streets of That City. Additional points will also be brought to you thanks to the movie War Room and Jason Crabb and his song Home and shall we continue reading to find out who else! You know the disclaimer I've probably wrote about this in some way before but I'll write it again.

There's a video on YouTube of Dottie Rambo and Gerald Crabb singing the song Tears Will Never Stain... and I love what Dottie says before she starts singing just as much as the song itself. I got a couple of direct quotes from that video of what Dottie said that I want to share. First one she tells Gerald, 'Everybody that God ever did use in a great way the devil slapped in a great way.' Then she tells him, 'If you ever have a rough day you know how to get a hold of Dottie Rambo and we'll fight the fight out together. If I have a bad day I'll call you. Will that be alright?'  I love that one because as you watch that you can tell that she honest to goodness means that with every ounce of her being. Anyone can say they'll be there for you but to not only genuinely see it in their eyes that they mean it but for them to also genuinely show it. To me that means more than anything in this world. If you believe in God then you know God has got your back and He is in your corner. But if I can be honest with you sometimes circumstances happen and the noise of the lies and stuff can get so loud it can drown that truth out. Sometimes as weird as it may be and sound there are just sounds and even the volume of how loud people may be talking and it literally hurts me to hear. I'm fairly certain I have unintentionally cringed cause it is causing me pain. It's dumb I know. But in the same aspect so often in life the doubts, fears and lies have gotten so loud I forgot the truth and just sometimes in life I just need to talk. Of course I pray and talk to God but again some days it's just difficult to get that prayer out or you just need the assurance that yup God is still there and He's got your back and you know what so do I. Do you have those kind of people in your life? I hope you do, at least one person like that. I know a lot of people say and/or think I don't like to talk or talk a lot and stuff but contrary to that there are times that I can and do want to talk about all kinds of stuff but there are also moments where I just need to talk to someone and let them help me fight the fight that I may be going through. And I hope and try my best to be there to help anyone to fight the fight they may be going through.

There's also a video on YouTube of Jason Crabb singing a song called Home which is about someone passing away and going to heaven, or going home. And in a particular video he is talking, because the song is about his grandma who passed away, and he was talking about he was just having one of those days where you have maybe that one person that you just need to hear their voice. So he called his grandma and she said Jace is that you and he said yeah I just needed to hear your voice and she asked him what was wrong. Do you also have those kinds of people in your life? Again I hope you do. But those people that some how just hearing their voice, going to visit them if that's an option or in my case so often sending them a message on Facebook will calm you down and/or just say the truth that you have been repeating to yourself but it just is not sinking in but they say it and it like breaks the wall. I also have those people that see through the I'm fine and somehow know that I'm not entirely fine and so often in the simplest of ways just help me. I remember one time I was having a I am most definitely not fine moment but will try to act like I am and a friend called me. I was trying to hide and she calls me. But you know that phone call helped me so very much cause it got my mind off what was going on and helped me not focus on the lies and where I would so easily get lost in my head.

Lastly, I think, I don't know if you have ever seen the movie War Room or not but I absolutely adore the character Miss Clara. Seriously just watch the movie for her if you haven't seen it. Everyone needs a Miss Clara or two in their life. You know the motherly type figure that is there to help keep and get you back in line if need be but is also there to help guide you too when you need it. Who they may also threaten to use the mom card on you if you don't listen to them (I may or may not have had that happen). A few days ago I was texting a friend and the subject of hiding came up, in particular me trying to hide. And I went on to send a text that said to be honest I don't think (insert three particular people's names here) would let me get by with that. She sent a text back that said no and be glad we love you enough to care. To which I replied back with believe me I am forever grateful and appreciative of that. And I am. Perhaps more than they will ever know.

Sometimes maybe in the rush of this ride called life we maybe find ourselves taking for granted the people God has placed in our lives that are just there for us. That is that calming voice of reason that helps us remember the truth or that will just help us fight the fight. Or perhaps is that motherly (or fatherly) figure in your life. May we all know such people and appreciate them and may we all be that kind of person to someone.

To those people in my life I most sincerely appreciate and thank you for all you have done and do for me and helping me fight the fight.

No comments:

Post a Comment