Monday, January 2, 2017

Encouragers - may we all know one and be one...

I think I have about twenty tabs open in my brain with eight that has something I need to do or a handy dandy good reminder, four are not responding and the rest I wish would close or not respond. Hello, did you actually make it through that first sentence with just maybe a chuckle or SALT (smiled a little then stopped!). So here we are the first post for 2017. There really won't be anything new, I have probably wrote about this before but sometimes I just need reminding of things because I don't always read through the instructions the first time and get so far and realize that wasn't a good idea. Other times I just need to sit for a spell, drop the heavy load and rest. It is at this moment I realize I am carrying a load that isn't mine to carry. And finally there are just times you just need to visit with certain people, those people that you just smile as soon as you see them or have a memory of them randomly pop in your head. Onto what I meant to already be writing about. Yesterday as I was walking in to church an older lady was also walking in and she saw me and said 'I was praying for you this morning having to drive on those wet roads.' And I thanked her and said I could use all the prayers anyone wants to say for me. But you know that really did make me smile, I mean she gave a priceless gift of her time and consideration for me. I don't know maybe it's just me but it means more than words can convey when someone says that they have or will pray for you. Even at a time when I really wasn't sure I believed prayer did any good it still meant a lot that someone would pray for me. Because for me at least for someone to take the time to be there for me be it praying for me, listening to me or just getting to visit and make memories together, it means so much and are the best gifts you could give and/or receive. But it makes me wonder how many times does someone think of you or pray for you and you not even realize it. Have you ever had a moment where someone just came to mind seemingly no reason? I have, sometimes with a sense of urgency that I needed to talk to them, it's weird but I have started to say a prayer for that person and if possible send a text or message too. I've also had people say they had me on their mind so guess I am not the only one that happens to. It fascinates me though how or even why that happens. But point of all that is for me the best gifts I have ever gotten is those moments someone has prayed for me (whether I know it or not) and taking the time to just be there. And you know those encouragers you (hopefully) have in your life God bless y'all for real. I think maybe the encouragers go unappreciated or people just don't truly see what an important role they play. I don't think the encouragers are out for that pat on the back really but still sometimes maybe I need to make sure they know just how much I appreciate them and how much they have helped me. I have fortunately got some people in my life that not only encourage me but help me in so many ways but most importantly just knowing them and having them in my life has been a blessing. Funny isn't it sometimes people get a material item and say God blessed them (and not saying He didn't) but honestly I have to say I am blessed not by the material things I have (though I am truly grateful for them) but my biggest blessings are the people God placed in my life who have helped in ways they may never truly realize. I was reading the Bible the other day and it had a overview of Barnabas, which means Son of Encouragement. In the article it states a couple things that I thought I'd share. That is the value of encouragement is often missed but we all need it at one time or another. Because really encouragement is one of the most effective ways to help someone. I am a big actions speak louder than words person but in ways I think those encouragers do both because they are showing they care by taking time out to help you and I think it's safe to say if you have an encourager in your life they 100% mean what they say to you. Well I think that's enough of that quick someone make a joke! But seriously a huge thank you to the encouragers and people that take the time to just be there.

No comments:

Post a Comment