Thursday, January 17, 2013

Happy Birthday Betty White!

It's funny how attached you get to celebrities, or should I say characters that they portray on television. Betty White is one of those celebrities. She was and still is so funny as Sue Ann Nivens on the Mary Tyler Moore show and how could you not crack up at all those St. Olaf stories she told on the Golden Girls?! I probably watch more television than one person should but my favorites are always shows that aired before or when I was to little to watch them at the time they originally aired. I am actually starting to feel really old since all the shows I did grow up watching are now airing on Nick at Nite, for example The Nanny and Fresh Prince of Bel-Air should not be on Nick at Nite yet. I applaud and admire women like Betty White, Lucille Ball, Carol Burnett (I probably misspelled her name, as much as I love her I can never spell the poor womans name correctly) and many others that were pioneers in their own rights in television. I'm so glad I can also still watch shows like Mary Tyler Moore Show, Golden Girls, Carol Burnett Show, I Love Lucy and all the other older shows I would much rather spend my time watching. No matter how long I live I hope to be able to have the funny and outrageous time that Betty White seems to have with life. 

No comments:

Post a Comment