Monday, January 28, 2013

Beauty is more than skin deep

The other day I was on one of my random video searches on YouTube and I ended up watching a movie trailer for Identity Thief. When I get on these kicks I try to avoid reading the comments, just like I always avoid reading editorials in newspapers, because I'll always see something that just irritates me and makes me wonder how/why people get the opinions they have. For whatever reason, I saw a comment that got my attention, that then led to me reading more comments. Needless to say I wasn't disappointed in how shallow people can be about peoples appearances. So many people were writing comments about Melissa McCarthy's weight and how somehow that made her a bad actress. Really?! Come on people. I don't care what size she is, she is a beautiful and funny lady. That's like me saying well Lucille Ball would've been a lot more funnier if she was a blonde. I always love how people act it like people want to be overweight.Yes, I love getting stared at because I'm far from that perfect size and God forbid they see you eating 'junk food' Speaking as a person that continues to fight this, it can be a hard thing to live with and try to compete with what society says I should look like.There's more to beauty than someones size or hair style. I've seen people that have been the perfect example of what society calls beautiful and they have been down right ugly because of their personality and behavior towards others. Why can't people get past what they see on the outside. Beauty goes so much farther than being skin deep.  Oh well I guess it all comes down to you just got to love who you are, do what you feel is best for you.  I'm gonna end with that or this could get way to long.

No comments:

Post a Comment