Monday, April 1, 2013

Conscience for sale

You ever see little kids running around and seemingly never tiring and you think, or even ask them, can I buy some of your energy? I think that about myself, obviously not about buying energy, I'm still in the market for that, but I would like to sell a bit of my conscience. I know a few people that could use a little more of a conscience that's for sure. I don't want to have so little of a conscience my moral compass is in danger of being nonexistent or that I just have no compassion for people. I don't know but sometimes I feel like I have to much compassion and go to far out of my way to help people. I've lost count of all the times that I've only heard from people when they needed something and I'm not so naive that I don't know they aren't using me but still yet my conscience kicks in and I have to help them to a certain degree even if it isn't exactly what they originally asked for. I've also had people only ask me to go places with them after they had asked anyone and everyone else and couldn't find anyone else to go. I used to wonder what was up with me but the older I get the more I don't care. There have been times that my conscience actually cooperated and let me just tell people what needed to be said. I must say that I do love it when people think that they are fooling with their lies and have pulled one over on you and got what they wanted when all along I know I'll never get paid back or I just flat out saw right through the lies. It's like that episode of The Golden Girls when Rose gives Dorothy her debit card cause Dorothy said she needed it to pay for something (don't remember what) but she was lying and was really going to get money to go gambling with. Then she feels bad and tells Rose the truth and Rose tells her that she knew but she just hoped that Dorothy would do the right thing. That analogy just proves that there is a lesson to learn for every thing in life from an episode of The Golden Girls! Anyway, I wouldn't change how much I want to help people and again I'm thankful to have a conscience but I do wish the part that makes me feel guilty for things that I shouldn't feel guilty about not doing or doing a certain way would tone it down a little bit. I guess it's a good thing and eventually I'll figure out why I'm like that and until then I'll do what I do and continue to let people think they have me fooled. In the end I like to think I'll still be in the right and the person I want to be and where I want to be in life.

No comments:

Post a Comment