Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Just keep singing

I've gotten a bit more sleep so maybe this post won't be as out there as the previous one, by now there probably isn't anyone left to read these! I was listening semi-watching a video of a song this morning that just had the lyrics on the screen and it got me to thinking of the many times I've sworn I was singing the right lyrics to only find I was way off. I find it a bit amusing when my wrong lyrics make more sense than the correct ones. Of course, a lot of the times once I find out the correct word(s) and hear the song again I can hear what was really being said all along and sometimes I wonder how in the world I heard what I originally thought I heard. Speaking, or writing in this case, of singing I wonder if I'm the only one that will be listening to a song and will restart it if I mess it up while singing. I will replay it however many times I have to just so I can sing the words correctly, maybe it's a music version of OCD. Sometimes I don't even have to mess up though to restart and start singing along again and again. So whether I'm singing the lyrics the way the songwriter actually wrote them or inadvertently create a new line I'll just keep singing.

No comments:

Post a Comment