Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Crossroads of Life

I kind of feel like I'm at a crossroad and I don't know which way to go. It's like being somewhere you've never been and you've lost your directions and when you get to an intersection the street signs have been torn down so you have no idea where each road could take you. In real life if I was driving and that happened my philosophy is you don't get lost you just added to the adventure and took an even more scenic route. Perhaps I should start having that outlook on my life because right now I'm just standing still looking right and then left and from where I stand I just can't tell where either way could take me or which could even be best for me. That's kind of a crappy feeling, you know, cause I don't want to go back but I can't do anything different until I take one of these other roads and  I know there's something for me to do but what. I think my indecisiveness is really hindering me because at least if you're a type of person that is go all in no questions asked then you just go for it no matter what. Then if you're the type that is to afraid to try then you don't even set yourself up to be put in those types of situations. Finally, there's the indecisive folks, which is unfortunately my category. Not sure if all do this but I'll stand at said crossroad FOREVER contemplating every single scenario then I'll finally decide to take a road only to get so far and freak out running back to the intersection. This will happen in both directions until I'm back stuck at that intersection again and seem to decide maybe it's just easier to stay here. As I type that out and realize just how true that is for me I also realize how lame and what a terrible way to spend my time. Although on a positive side even if I do stand forever at the crossroads at least I'm not going back to where I know I don't need to be. I guess until I can either make up my mind or just realize that it's worth taking that first step on to whichever road I'll continue standing here at the crossroads, waiting and contemplating the many scenarios of the would've, could've and should've.

.


No comments:

Post a Comment