Monday, January 6, 2014

Hello 2014...let the randomness continue

I can't believe almost a week has already went by in 2014, this time needs to slow down a little bit. I have already messed up a few checks by writing '13 instead of '14, I'm figuring about the time I get used to writing and saying it the new year will be mere hours away. I can say that I walked to work in wind chills that were below zero and I do believe that's a first. This is one time that I'm ready for the dysfunctional Kentucky weather to hurry up and decide to warm up, I'll even take a tease of it just happening one day. As far as this year goes I have to say that even though I feel like I started the year being indifferent about it I now feel like this is going to be a great year. I have no idea what I'm going to face and I may end up having to face the most difficult challenges I've had to face in my life to date but whatever comes my way I think some of those walls I've built up are going to be destroyed for good. There's a line in a song that says I just feel like something good is about to happen, I just feel like something good is on its way and that's what I feel like is going to happen this year. Maybe it isn't for me but maybe it is and as long as I think there is a maybe of a chance it is me I'll take it and hold on to it like it's my life jacket keeping me afloat in the water.I have to say if nothing does happen the rest of the year I'm happy how I ended 2013 and started 2014. To date I have lost 35 pounds with a  goal of losing at least 15 more and then I'll go from there. I feel so much better physically but if I'm honest I still see the old me when I force myself to look in a mirror (I despise mirrors) but I am slowly starting to feel better and even be nicer to myself.

Sometimes I wish there was a soundtrack for life just because I think that'd be awesome and here lately the theme from The Twilight Zone would have been played a few times. There's nothing in particular worth sharing but those little things you find yourself wondering and just thinking about (that's kind of redundant isn't it?) only to have someone bring up the same subject or that particular thing get answered unexpectedly without ever bringing it up to anyone. On that note I believe this will finish my first post this year.

No comments:

Post a Comment