Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Funny, yes (to me anyway)...True, most definitely

Picture it, 2014 on a cold snowy day. I get frustrated with something at work and decide to walk outside to clear my head and see how much it has snowed (I don't know if that's even a word but I'm from Kentucky so I'll get made fun of how/what I say anyway).. Seems pretty normal until I turn the doorknob to go back in and realize it's locked. Frantically I  pat my coat and pants pocket, empty as empty can be, not even a sign of a piece of lint. Panic strikes because not only do I not have my keys I don't have my phone, what am I going to do, how is anyone even going to know I'm locked out. So I walk to the end of the road to the laundromat where my aunt (by marriage) sister works hoping she knew her cell number. I get there and she doesn't have her number but thankfully she emails my cousin on Facebook. So I trek back to my uncles house to wait outside in the cold snowy weather still unsure of how long I'm going to have to wait outside and what I should do. Mind you I didn't layer up, have my good winter coat or even a pair of gloves on because I didn't listen to that little voice in my head that morning when it said to do so. After two hours I was starting to panic and get very, very cold and not really feel anything. At that moment I thought I heard a door shut but thought I was just hearing things but figure why not peak around the corner to see and lo and behold I see my cousin. You know how they say you see mirages in the dessert well I thought just maybe that could happen when you get to cold so I walked toward her thinking I must be imagining her. I walk up and say 'What are you doing here? Then I realize wait she is really here and this is the best thing ever and then I continued by saying, not that I'm not glad you are here because I really am. Thankfully she had a key and we got to visit for a couple of hours. You best believe I gave her a hug when she unlocked that door. Thankfully, my boss was understanding and now that I know I'm going to live I have a funny story to tell. To bad I've deactivated my Facebook for a little while, go figure as soon as I do I have something hilarious happen. The situations I can get myself into and not even try.

No comments:

Post a Comment