Friday, March 14, 2014

Jo Dee Messina 'Me' CD

I'm a big fan of music (and reading but that's for another post) and recently received a copy of Jo Dee Messina's new CD 'Me' (was just a bonus to being able to support her Kickstarter campaign). Anyway, this is a phenomenal CD and I'm not just saying it because I am a huge fan. Usually when I get a new CD I'll only listen to maybe 30 seconds of the song before I switch to the next song but not this time. There is a song for no matter what kind of day you are having and you can hear influences from several musical genres in all of the songs. Of course Jo Dee's vocals are amazing and she co-wrote or wrote 7 of the 12 songs. Her current single from the CD is Woman's Rant (so call your local radio station and tell them to play it) and it is a fun song that every woman can relate to. I think my favorite (and hopefully eventually single) song from the CD is Me. This song just tells of how a woman has to be so many different things to people and some times you just don't know how you can be all of that. There was just something that hit a cord with me when I heard the line, 'I wish I was half the woman I got to be. I wish I had all the answers right in front of me. I'm every thing to everyone and I'm scared as I can be cause when I look in the mirror all I can see.' Something about the song is so powerful. I also really love the song Like A Kid Again because any adult can relate to dealing with the stress and responsibilities of being a grown up and some days just wishing you could go back to being like a kid when something as simple as getting dizzy turning in circles could make you laugh. So if you are a fan of JDM or looking for some new music to listen to check this CD out.

Here are a couple of links (hopefully they work)

http://jodeemessina.ras.bustores.com/jo-dee-messina-all-about-me-bundle.html

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00HZMRXZG/ref=as_li_ss_tl?ie=UTF8&camp=1789&creative=390957&creativeASIN=B00HZMRXZG&linkCode=as2&tag=jodeemessina-20

No comments:

Post a Comment