Tuesday, March 4, 2014

Thank you...

This may sound rude, selfish, arrogant, or just plain wrong but I think most people will agree that they like to know they are appreciated and people notice the things you do, whether it's something you've done to help someone or just doing your job and doing it well.To me the most I would ever want is nothing more than a simple thank you, I'm definitely not saying I would want material things or something like that because to me a thank you has more value and is more sincere. It's always good to try to encourage yourself but let's be realistic it can be hard to be positive all of the time and sometimes the people and tasks we face day to day can get overwhelming.  I think I'm doing a good job and am a good friend but some days I just have a hard time making myself believe it so it's nice to have someone occasionally remind me that I got this and I am doing good, or to be reminded when I'm not, although that one isn't as fun but as important for sure. It's kind of like when a baby is trying to take it's first steps and he or she may have a bit of hesitation but the more the parent or other person starts encouraging them then you can see the baby become more willing to try to take another step even if it means he or she may end up falling flat on it's bottom. Sometimes I just ain't sure if I'm doing a good job at work or not and feel like I'm struggling to keep up which can spiral quickly into getting discouraged (that I guess is where you have to do your part to keep encouraging yourself even if it doesn't feel like it's helping because you can't put 100% into waiting for the compliments and such from others, they may be to far in between) and although I hadn't gotten to that point I was wondering if I was doing okay with work. In a recent conference call with a couple of my coworkers my boss gave us a compliment and basically thanked us for doing a good job. It was nice to know that she does notice and appreciate it. I don't know maybe I put to much emphasis on something as simple as saying thank you or other ways to just be polite and use some manners but as I stated earlier I think it's a very valuable gift you can give to someone when they do something for you. Therefore, as I end this let me sincerely say thank you for taking the time to read this. Hopefully you didn't have to many 'good grief' and eye roll moments and could actually read all of it!

No comments:

Post a Comment