Tuesday, April 29, 2014

It's Finally Here...

Well the day that I had been freaking out about finally arrived and last night I went to sleep still in my twenties but woke up this morning beginning my journey to see what 30 has in store for me. Now that it's actually here I'm not sure why I was even freaking out like I expected some drastic change to occur when I woke up this morning. Although it would've been kind of cool to have a little bit of the effect that occurs when The Doctor regenerates! Alas, all I got was realizing it was my birthday as I'm sleepily walking back to my bed after hitting the snooze button and thinking, 'Yup I definitely am taking an extra ten minutes of sleep today.' After freaking out for so long I have to say I'm kind of excited to say I'm 30, I earned it! I was recently told that in your thirties you start feeling comfortable in your own skin and that I am most definitely looking forward to. In fact, I think it has slowly, albeit very slowly, started already.

I couldn't end this post without writing that I thank God that He has allowed me to make it this far and I'm thankful for the friends and family I have that are there for me. The weekend before my birthday I had some great friends that took me out to eat and had a cookout all for me, which is weird (a good weird) but I couldn't help but think wow I guess people really do like me and count me as their friend. I'm very blessed to have friends that are more like family to me. So today I'm starting a new journey and see where this road that is called Thirty takes me. I am looking forward to growing as a better person and all the adventures that await me. Allons-y! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment