Monday, July 14, 2014

Hurry up and slow down

I feel like I'm surrounded by people that are living that song by Alabama that says, I'm in a hurry and don't know why. I rush and rush until life is no fun. Somehow I got in the lane with them and now I'm surrounded by people holding up all of the lanes with this mentality and I can't get back over to the slow lane. You know what I think would be fun if people would hurry up and slow down. Why is everyone in such a hurry? Whatever you're going to do will still be there when you get there and if it isn't well it just might be that there is a better day for you to do whatever you were intending to do. Seriously, is it so important one of these in a hurry people be in front of everyone at whatever cost including putting their and others lives in danger. I love driving and going places, love it but anymore I hate it. Every time I go somewhere I'll have people pushing me down the road, everyone has got to be in front and I just don't get it.  I can understand losing patience when someone is going 10-20mph below the speed limit because that one tests my patience and I realize that everyone at one point or another has something that they are in a hurry to do and will lose their patience. I just don't get why everyone needs to be in front or go just a little bit faster than you are. I guess you could look at life as one big to do list. It seems like people used to have two separate lists, one for jobs and all the responsibilities that entails (paying bills, boring grown up stuff) and the other for living (doing stuff with family and friends, etc.) Somewhere along the line those two lists got merged and now it's like people are in such a hurry and driven to do the grown up stuff list and to often it's not even because they have to it's just so they can say they have more than someone else. I know people that have to work like a dog to get by but yet they still find time to do stuff on that living list because they make it a priority and let's face it everyone needs a break every now and then or you are going to be one miserable, irritable person to be around. Obviously one has to be responsible and do what they have to do to pay the bills and such but the way I see it when I get off the final stop on this ride called life I want to be able to say yes I did hold up my end of being a responsible person and worked hard but I think what's going to be more important and mean more is being able to say yes I did stop and smell the roses, literally and figuratively, that I did take the time to do stuff with the ones I care about and even that I was kind to that stranger and who knows by doing those little things it might have made a huge impact on the other person and even if worse case scenario it didn't you still made memories and those are priceless. I guess I sound like a 90 year old woman that's sitting in a nursing home talking about days gone by. I always have felt like an old soul.. Don't get me started on the manners of people nowadays! (if that was said it would be said in my best old lady voice) Either way I just want to do my best at hurrying up and slowing down. Life goes by way to fast as it is I don't need to rush it along and end up one day looking back saying wow, I wish I would've taken the time to tell so and so this and done something with them while I had the chance.  Maybe a more accurate song to say I feel like I'm living is Grandpa (Tell Me 'Bout The Good Ol' Days) by The Judds



No comments:

Post a Comment