Monday, July 7, 2014

Magenta

I've been in a blah kind of mood for way to many days now, or magenta as Blanche described it in an episode of The Golden Girls. I hate those kinds of moods because...well it just isn't a fun mood. I never really know what to do with myself at those times. I have an even more difficult time than normal being content or finding something to do that I can stay focused on. It's almost like all those little mini-mes in my head got bored so they thought it'd be funny and go through all of the little file cabinets in my brain and rearrange my thoughts, misplacing them and jumbling them all up. When that got boring they thought let's just throw all of the papers up and see where they land so I'm stuck trying to get a proper thought together and get everything back in its place. For some reason the thought of mini-mes running around in my head doing that kind of amuses me. One day last week I had someone ask what was up but I couldn't get around to actually talking. If I had just one more minute I might would have but alas during the time of trying to figure out how to say what I wanted to say and if I even should the decision was made for me because others came up talking to that person. It's the curse of being quiet/shy/introverted/backwards/all of the above or whatever you want to call it I suppose. So anyway I really needed to just try to find somewhere where I could be myself and attempt to write. I have this place I go walking sometimes and the trail goes around farm land and it's a fairly quiet place that has benches placed every so far apart. That is where I found myself the other day in trying to write. I got to write a little bit but what really helped was just being there surrounded by the scenery and just taking that in. The great thing about blah moods are that they do eventually pass and it makes me greatly appreciate that song, book, scenery, some random thing that makes you finally have a hearty laugh, or maybe even a persons hug that helps bring you out of that magenta zone.


No comments:

Post a Comment