Monday, October 20, 2014

Good Title, Where Art Thou?!

Sometimes things happen and they just strike me way funnier then they probably are. Perfect example would be yesterday when I open the door to leave for church  and see five or six cows just standing in the driveway blocking my car. I found it absolutely hilarious. After I had a good laugh and realized they wasn't going to go anywhere anytime soon and I really needed to leave I went walking to my car. Funny moment happened there too because as I was walking this little calf peaked its head around the backside of its mama and then I got major stare downs from a couple of them. I made it to my car getting ready to get in the car and look at the cow that is staring me down and said, 'What don't look at me like that I can't help I got to leave.' So after slowly backing up while honking my horn the cows reluctantly moved out of the way no doubt talking bad about me in cow and I got a good laugh that morning. Guess it was one of those you had to be there moments.

I got to take a little day trip and ended up at Natural Tunnel Park and got to see a blockhouse and learned some very interesting facts about it and the folks that lived in the area at the time. I write that to get to this point: the lady that let me in the house and was telling me all about it made the statement I saw you reading some of the signs on the way up to the house. Now my first thought was oh no I really hope I didn't talk out loud to myself while reading them because I have a very bad habit of doing that. I realize how often I do it especially when I go to the grocery store and have to constantly stop myself from doing that especially when there are people around. Anyway, my second thought was you really don't know who is around and who is watching you. Sadly, all to often a lot of people are just hangin' around watching and waiting to see you fall/fail. I guess if they can point out others faults and shortcomings it helps ease their own conscience and/or take their mind off of their own faults and shortcomings. If you can find people that are there to reach out a hand to help you back up after you fall or fail keep those people around because they are to few and far between. So I guess the lesson is just cause you think no one is watching doesn't mean they aren't so be careful when talking to yourself....or picking your nose...hahahaha!! don't know why I went there but I am so leaving it!

I hate when life gives you pop quizzes, I never did like any kind of tests the whole ordeal just stresses me out. I'm a terrible test taker. For the most part in my tests in life and even back in school days I somehow manage(d) to pass. Granted, sometimes it was barely passing and sometimes I would ace it with a fantastic grade and some I failed and had to retake again.  I always found it odd how the tests I always thought would be so easy sometimes turned out to be the most difficult ones. They took the longest to take, no answer on the choices to pick seemed right, and it seemed to take forever to get the results back to see if you did pass or not. And I'm not just talking about tests I had to take in school that were/are like that.

To conclude this post I figure I'll include a video of a song that I've heard a couple times quite randomly over the weekend. Perhaps I'm trying to be told something! Nah, probably not but it is a good song with a good message.


I'm pretty sure all two people that even read this have seen these pictures and my apologies cause you just got an extended version of a couple of posts on my FB page but either way just in case and just because here are a couple of pictures.




No comments:

Post a Comment