Wednesday, February 25, 2015

Excuse me I got lost in my thoughts

I know my value, anyone else's opinion doesn't really matter - Peggy Carter (Agent Carter, TV series)

 What follows may or may not have anything to do with that quote I don't know because I don't really have or know what to write about I just feel compelled to write, so I sit pushing buttons on the keyboard. I will say that I absolutely loved the show Agent Carter and that quite possibly my most favorite quote (besides some of the funny lines and banter of Agent Carter and Jarvis of course). I will say that as many variations of that line I've heard/read it stuck a little bit more after watching the series. I say that because I realize that people can disrespect you, hate you for who you are or what you have, take credit for the work you've done, etc. what matters in the end is you know your worth (or value) and not everyone will see or admit that they see that value but as long as you know and don't let others take away that then you have more than a lot of people have especially those that belittle you. I wonder if that even makes sense, to try not to get to lost in my thought and this end up being deleted before it even begins I'm choosing to not go back and read it but instead just type as fast as I can to get something typed. You know what's dangerous about worrying to much about others opinions? One thing is you don't know what is behind that persons opinion and most likely the person making the opinion doesn't know the complete story. Look at society and how they try to tear people down all so they can sell a product or so they can try to fit everyone in a specific box to make you fit into a stereotype. Granted there are a few peoples opinions I seek out and I respect and I think you should to an extent but don't hold everything you have on those opinions that becomes....well you aren't going to be happy with who you are no matter what you do because you aren't being you but instead are becoming and being all of what others say you are and can do. When you do that you can miss out doing some amazing things because you believe you can't or don't even realize it is a possibility. You shouldn't let others opinions blindfold you to your value because that's the core of what makes you unique and able to do so much. I think I liked this line because it's not saying just do whatever you want and it doesn't matter what others think or what it does to others but it's, or for me anyway, it's meaning more of just don't listen to the voices of the ones that knock you down or try to take away from who you are or what you have accomplished. You know there may be times when you can't call someone up for an opinion or whatever so you need to be able to listen to your inner voice and be able to stand on the fact that you know your own worth. I hope I'm accurately conveying what I want to and before I go on in circles anymore I'm going to go on to another thought...or end this whichever.


This past week and a half or so of winter has just drained me, winter has become that guest that quickly wears out there welcome...or me when I actually visit someone! Before I complain anymore I am thankful to have a house with heat and clothes to wear to keep me warm. I'm just feeling a bit claustrophobic from having to be stuck inside for so long and like a penguin from having to wear so many layers of clothes. Winter is my least favorite season because I am stuck inside so much and if I can't find something to occupy my attention (which is more difficult for me when I am stuck in the house) then I get lost in my thoughts and that is never, ever good because for some reason I just get lost I can't sort them as much. However, when I can get out and walk and if I get lost in a thought I somehow can sort through the thought and stay more focused. It makes no sense but I don't do well with cabin fever. It makes a huge difference when I decide to stay in the house all weekend and not have any contact with anyone but when the weather decides it's going to make that decision for me well I just don't appreciate that and don't adjust well to it. More power to you and kudos to you if you love winter but I'm done with it but seasons ( the actual ones and the ones of life) are what makes the world go around and I just got to suck it up buttercup and be glad I have the means to stay warm and weather this season (again the actual one and ones I have to deal with in life).

If I added the typical how are you doing? Good, how are you? and you read this from here on up it could almost be a typical conversation with me. Not that I necessarily say that much but in the fact that it almost goes with the how you doing and then something about the weather and that's where it ends but the first paragraph(s) would be something that I'd love to talk about but for whatever reason(s) I don't get around to it.

On that note I think it's past time to end this post, okay it was time after the quote but I've written all of this and I don't want to delete it so I'll post it. Until the next time when I once again get lost in my thoughts and type the same sentence many different ways and go in circles. Kinda like when you get so used to driving one particular route that you forget there are other routes to take until the day there is a detour. Sometimes I think detours happen in life so that we take a route that we haven't taken in awhile and whoops I got lost in another thought again. I will save finishing that and any other thoughts. Really I will this time.




No comments:

Post a Comment