Friday, February 6, 2015

Spoilers...(it's to early to think of a title)

Sometimes my very random and hectic way of thinking can get me to a song, quote, or a book that has something I need to be reminded of or says exactly what I've been, without luck, desperately searching to find the right way to phrase what I want to say, what I'm thinking. Recently while scrolling through my news feed on Facebook I saw a quote from a page that really struck me. In fact, that quote went along so well with all the junk going on in my head and reminded me what was most important and what I really needed to be trying to focus on again. As I so often do I couldn't leave it alone so curiosity got me wondering about the person that said this and after doing a search I found the complete quote and learned it was from a lady that had written her accounts of her life as a little girl in Germany during WWII ( Queen of the Bremen: The True Story of an American Child Trapped in Germany During World War II by Marlies Adams Difante). I'm not going to get into any of the accounts that is written but I will say that this book along with The Diary of Anne Frank will forever stick with me and I definitely recommend reading it (yes the quote and reading the first few pages of the book on Amazon made such an impact I had to immediately buy the book and finished reading it in one setting). These accounts show me what true courage, strength and having faith is. Christopher Reeve said a hero is an ordinary individual who finds the strength to persevere and endure in spite of overwhelming obstacles and I think that's true. As sad, emotional and thought provoking as it can be to read these accounts and realize this is true, people really faced these conditions and not only for WWII but other historic events, I'm forever in debt and glad that these people that survived these unimaginable events are willing to share their stories. I'm appreciative because it's in these accounts I get the honest perspective and not just the important dates that I needed to learn in school to know when certain events happened. It's not only for major events in history I will soak up any story that people tell me of things that happened when they were growing up. It's a real life audio book, that's what people are and they don't even realize it. Be it I'm just at the right time and place for someone to tell a story, I get the nerve to ask them something and/or I do just have one of those faces that people tell their plans and stories to I absolutely love to sit and listen to someone give an account to events that took place in their life because I've never met anyone that didn't have a story to tell and when I finally get to hear it I almost always take something from it and add it to my little file of wisdom and lessons I've learned from others along this journey. I almost forgot, that quote I saw, well this is what it was....

I hope you’ll learn that no matter how bad things become, there’s always light at the end of the tunnel. As long as you have faith in God, respect, and love for each other, you can make it—no matter what.

You are correct Mrs. Diftante, you are correct indeed.

No comments:

Post a Comment