Thursday, March 19, 2015

When I Grow Up

It's safe to say I've probably written about this before but a quick scan of titles of a few past posts didn't prove helpful in truly knowing so I'll just take a chance on repeating these thoughts.

Ever just have those days at your job and you think do I really want to do this the rest of my life? My answer is no. I mean yes I'm thankful for my job but all it is to me is a job. I will ocassionally have people ask me if I'm in college (not sure I look an age I should be in college or it's a safe go to small talk question to go to when what about this weather just won't work.) I'd like to go back to college but I don't know what I want to be when I grow up. If my job is going to have me stuck in front of a computer I wish it could be writing. I would love to be talented enough to have a career with something to do with the arts. I guess it would help if I didn't get bored so easily or have a personality where I need to see progress or a difference with what I'm doing. I hate when I complain about my job and people say you should be glad you have a job (again I am) or how I better not lose this job (money isn'teverything). I don't know maybe if I could find maybe somewhere to volunteer or a way to use some or build upon creativally and just do something to make a difference perhaps it would help. Maybe my job isn't the problem. I don't know who let me adult I can't adult. I hear people say their thirties were their best years I think I'm doing something wrong. I'll soon start on my thirty first year and I still don't even know what I want to be when I grow up. Or as that kid said on America's Funniest Videos I don't want to grow up.

I had another thought but that subject doesn't even remotely go with this and this seems like a food place to stop typing.

No comments:

Post a Comment