Friday, September 27, 2013

Autumn

Autumn has officially arrived. Spring and autumn are my favorite seasons. The weather is the perfect temperature and I know it's just in my head but it seems like I can see the beauty around me better. I love seeing the leaves change color in the fall and getting to see them return brand new and so fresh in the spring. All of the seasons bring about something new and some kind of change but it always feels like spring and fall bring about the best and most beautiful changes.Seeing all of the different colors one last time before they all disappear is like reading the last few pages of your favorite book, you savor each word like you'll never get to read it again. Then when spring comes around it's like finding that same book again after months of not being able to locate it and getting to enjoy revisiting with the characters and how they change, just like you wait in anticipation for the first flowers to bloom and the leaves to grow on the trees.  I love driving around in the mountains and seeing all of the colors from the leaves changing before they make their graceful fall from the tree. I'm not a big fan of winter but the little kid in me is a little excited that all the predictions show we might actually get snow this year and no ice/sleet but not thrilled about the predicted frigid temperatures. I guess it'll make the approach of spring that much more better when it does get here. Until all that gets here I'll just enjoy the moment and keep watching the changing colors.

No comments:

Post a Comment