Friday, October 4, 2013

Photography

Welcome to this edition of Ramblings of a Quiet Girl. For this post I will be rambling about photography and any other random thing that may come to mind while typing. Happy reading! Photography is one of my favorite things to do in my spare time, I'm not good at it but I still enjoy it. I never know if it's normal or not but often I catch myself constantly looking at landscapes, the sky, or just anything and seeing it as a picture in my head. Normally, when I come up with ideas and how things should look in my head it never turns out like I have it in my thoughts and it's also never as easy to get as I think it will be either. However, recently I have noticed that although my photography skills still need work more of my ideas and how I see things in my head are actually turning out like I envision them. Still need to work on how that works concerning my writing but I figure some things you just got to keep working on to find what works for you. Which is why I am refusing to give up on this latest re-write of my story, because in my head all, not even half, of the story has been told yet. Anyway, back to photography, I recently took a short ride to Shaker Town and was able to get some pictures. It's a very beautiful place to go to just look at all of the buildings and things the Shakers would build and how they lived. For me when I set out to go take pictures if I come back with one decent picture I'm happy and feel accomplished because in all honesty I never expect for them to turn out good. Now, I don't have a fancy camera or even use any fancy photo program but some times I don't think that matters anyway. I have seen people have a fancy camera (ones that I drool at and only dream of having) and no offense but their pictures didn't turn out any better than if I had taken them with my camera. So I think it's more in the user a lot of times than the camera. So basically, I love to take pictures, I'm ecstatic when I actually take a good picture, and I drug that way out because it's Friday and I'd rather be doing anything than what I'm really supposed to be doing (aka Work...yech!)


No comments:

Post a Comment