Tuesday, February 11, 2014

Just a rambling I will go

I always feel like it's been a lot longer since the last time I wrote something on here than it really has been. Even though it hasn't been that long since I wrote something and I really don't have anything to write about at present (like I do any time) I still find myself mindlessly typing away. So far in 2014 there hasn't been much happening to talk/write about...except the weather, that is getting talked about a lot. This winter has proven how spoiled we were the past few years, it sure has felt like one of the longest winters ever but enough about that. It's here and making its presence known and I'll be glad to say good riddance until later in the year. I am excited because in a couple of weeks I have the first of three events to look forward to. It's nice to have something to look forward to getting to do even if it's an extra day off work with absolutely no plans. Anyway, I'm ecstatic about getting to go see Rhythm of the Dance in a couple of weeks. I've always wanted to go see something like this but honestly had given up on it ever happening but luckily for me I have friends that know how much I love anything to do with Ireland and one of them saw a billboard for this and asked if I wanted to go to it with her. That took all of five seconds to say yes! However, the same friend had to do a bit more talking and convincing to get me to say I'd go with the youth group at my church to go snow tubing. Me plus snow is already a bad combination add in the tubing part...well let's just say this is going to be interesting but that has to wait until next month. I also got Winter Jam to look forward to next month...this means that I'll at least have two posts for next month with a little something to write about! Forgive the very random turn back to the subject of friends but I just have to say the good thing about getting older is realizing the importance it is to having true friends and people that care about you. I think I say this a lot but sometimes it takes me a long time to finally get it to stick in my brain and believe it, at least when it concerns anything to do with myself. With the weather being like it has been (it really is nearly impossible to write/talk without mentioning the weather no matter how much you try not to isn't it?!) I'll have people text me asking if I made it home okay or tell me to be careful as I'm leaving...these people also know what a terrible driver I am (insert the kind of laugh with a hint of ain't that the truth nod). As I, perhaps to often, say it is nice that people take a minute out of their time to see if you're okay. Might not seem like much but it really is. With that I think I have hit a dead end on my rambling so thanks for riding a long for this short ride. Hopefully next time I'll have a bit more interesting stuff to write about.

No comments:

Post a Comment