Wednesday, February 12, 2014

Typing away and writing nothing at all

Right place at the right time...every thing happens when it's supposed to (or for a reason)...these are just a few of those cliches that people say and for the most part I just leave it at it's just a cute (although sometimes annoying) saying. However, there are some instances where things happen where I have to admit that cliche or not there is quite a bit of truth in those sayings. Also apparently the way to get something to happen is to write a post on your blog saying nothing has really been going on and in some cases the very same day something different will happen to shake up the same boring routine that happens every day. It was something very simple and I don't know if it  was something that I needed around this time or just a coincidence, but then again I often wonder if things really are just ever a coincidence.  What was that something? I'm so glad you asked, it was simply a visit with a family member. Told you it was something simple but kind of way over due. I'm kind of a hermit and don't visit, call (actually text, I never call anyone), or email anyone...take that back on the email part there is at least one person I email a lot. Anyway, it was nice to have that over due visit and get to hear some stories about my family. I love hearing those stories, sometimes it feels like people don't want to talk about that but without the stories and memories how else are we going to keep the family members that are no longer here alive. They may not physically be around anymore but no need in putting everything about them away and hidden.

Random thought 1) I just thought of something today while fixing a cup of coffee and thought why not add it on here. I think to often I (and perhaps you do this too) get so busy being occupied by thoughts of what I don't have that I forget to notice all that I do have and be thankful for it and enjoy it. It's so easy to constantly think of what you need, more accurately want in many cases, and become blind at all the great things and people you have in your life. Just a thought, random, at that, that I figured I'd share.

Random thought 2) With it being so close to Valentine's Day, well I just can't go and not write something about it. Have you ever noticed that if you are single and say you hate V-day that you are automatically told you only hate it because you are single...no I'm pretty sure I'd hate it anyway, I really don't get the purpose of it, except to see who can spend the most on flowers, chocolate, cards and those ridiculously over sized teddy bears. I look at that and think, 'Wow, I could buy a lot of books with the money you spent on that!' Granted I wouldn't mind chocolate because, well it's chocolate and that's all you need to say about that. Of course no offense to those that go all out and do the sweet things for their significant other on V-day. I just don't get it but perhaps that's because I'm one that would rather have it spontaneously and something simple. Either way I don't hate the day because I'm single, I hate the day because like every thing else it is nothing but a commercially exploited day. On that note Happy Valentine's Day...or Happy Friday!

No comments:

Post a Comment