Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Time After Time

Time is a funny thing. I find it strange how time can feel like it's going by so fast yet at the same time can feel like it's dragging by, at least in certain areas. Makes me feel like I'm in the twilight zone in a way. When you're young you feel like you have all of the time in the world. I think as you get older a little bit of that slowly gets stripped away each year and you slowly begin to realize how precious time is and how you never seem to have enough of it. It's so easy for the 'If I had time...' to take over and soon you (I) find myself not getting anything accomplished. I think that may be sounding more depressing than I mean, it's technically not meant to be or sound depressing at all, honest. No matter what age you are I guess to a certain degree you can feel overwhelmed by not having enough time. The only thing that really changes is the priorities and the things written on your to do list that you never have time to do. One thing for certain about time....and that is that time goes on whether you are ready or not. I just helped you waste a little time and I can help you waste a little more if you want to read on but fair warning I'm bored and any and all that I write may or may not make much sense (should've put that warning at the beginning, huh?! I should actually include that for every post but by now it should probably be expected and known)

You know how a lot of people make new year's resolutions, I think there is also a spring edition of those resolutions. Why? Because where I'm from by this time of year a lot of people are saying they'll spend a lot more time outside if it would just get warm or when it gets warm they'll have more cookouts, hiking, etc. For some this isn't really resolutions they normally do these things and they are just ready to be doing them again. That's a long three months of winter, especially this year. With all of the snow, ice, plain old mess I haven't been able to do much which means not much driving which further means that my thoughts have now caused a major back up. I tend to get a lot of thoughts out and find  many ideas while driving, why that seems to happen I still haven't figured out but it does.

Have you ever read the summary on the back of a book and just knew that this was going to be a book you get more attached to fictional characters than is probably normal and if you make it through the book without crying or coming away with some kind of lesson you'll be very surprised? I was just given a book that I'm pretty sure all of the above things are going to happen. I started reading it last night and already really like it. I must say it's even more special because 1)someone thought of me and gave me a book 2) they thought I would like it because of the grandmother character in the book and how much I thought of my grandma. Twice this month I have been given something that had something to do about my grandma.

My last one, I promise, but does anyone else find it strange that as soon as you try to start eating better, exercising, someone will no doubt ask when/why/how long have/are you going to be on this diet. My response is I'm not on a diet. Why is it that you are automatically on a diet because you are actually watching what and how much you eat? I can't mentally think I am on a diet or I just set myself up for failure because my brain, not to mention stomach,  goes in to panic mode when it hears that word! Diets to me are short term and perhaps that's because anytime I have tried a diet it didn't last that long. I'm out to make a long term, life long change in how I view food and even exercise. Part of how I know I'm making strides in that is that I really can't wait to go walking anymore and I can actually say no to certain foods which probably doesn't sound like much but to me it is and that's who I'm doing all of this for so that's all that matters. I have no idea why I wrote this section, or any of them really, but I think I have wore out my welcome on this post and it is now time to close.


No comments:

Post a Comment