Thursday, May 22, 2014

Phases

  Since it's Throwback Thursday, I wonder who was so bored they decided to come up with those different things for each day of the week (and I thought I had no life!), I thought I'd write something kind of throwback based. Have you ever heard an old song you used to love or seen a picture from way back and you can't help but think, what kind of phase was that?! Although it's funny, or funnier, when you realize some of those things are just what was in style at that time. It's odd how things so quickly look dated even when I look at pictures from 5-10 years ago things look so different, even dated. It's like when you watch a movie from even the 90's when someone is using a cellphone that was top of the line back then. In a couple of days it will officially be 12 years since I graduated high school and can I just say that went by fast. Looking back, even since graduating, it's amusing to reminisce about all the phases I've went through in life. I think some phases are automatically ones you have to go through in your life. Those may be the most embarrassing ones to have to look back on as well! Some I stayed in way longer than I should have others I don't think I stuck with as long as I should have. Either way all in all each phase I went through, for whatever reason, has gotten me to where I am now. I won't call where I am now a phase exactly because I think I'm finally where I have a better understanding and acceptance of who I am. I do however hope that I continue to grow and change more into who I am because it'd be boring if I just say well this is good enough I'm staying here and I could always use some kind of improvement/change in some area. Oh, if that girl back in 2002 could've only known what she would become in 2014, I think she'd be mighty happy, surprised and proud. So here's to all the phases we go through in life and the hilarious pictures, stories and lessons they teach us.   

I found a couple of interesting things while passing time on the internet and thought why not share them here. One I suppose could make you think and one may make you laugh (if you are easily amused like I am anyway.) I don't know who wrote/said either of them or I would give credit where it's due.First the serious then the funny, cause one should always end things with a laugh when possible.

A wise owl lived in an oak; The more he saw the less he spoke; The less he spoke the more he heard. Why can't we all be like that wise old bird?

Now to show how easily amused I am:

Boy : My father's name is Laughing and my mother's name is Smiling.  
Teacher : You must be kidding?  
Boy : No that's my brother. I'm Joking.

No comments:

Post a Comment