Friday, May 16, 2014

The New Me

Every so often an idea will come to mind and I'll attempt to write a poem, if you want to call it that, cause I'm not really sure it fits into the category of poem...or writing but either way I'll write it down. Generally when these ideas show up they have to do with my faith/religion. I don't share them to force my beliefs on people because I can't, nor would I if I could, force my beliefs on anyone. I just live my life the best I know how, treating people the best I can. With all that being said, or technically typed, here is the recent 'poem' I wrote.

The New Me
Unlike the Pharisees and Sadducees 
It's the truth I want to believe 
Not chained by traditions 
Just to say I have religion

Time to destroy my disguise 
No more feeding these lies 
I was living a masquerade 
Not letting the old me fade

You can't hide a city on a hill 
Lord help me stay in your will
 Being led by the Shepherd 
Only way I'll make it in this world

Put my old way of thinking aside 
Now using the bible as my guide 
My wants no longer my goal 
God's grace has made me whole

No longer carrying a heavy load 
But walking down a brand new road
 Led by faith not by sight 
The love of Christ is my light

Written by: April Donahue
5/11/2014

No comments:

Post a Comment