Wednesday, September 24, 2014

One day I'll think of a good title...today is not that day

Ever have one of those days where so much goes wrong that all you can do is laugh (or cry but I try to laugh, especially if people are around). I had one of those today. It was one of those you might as well laugh about it cause getting frustrated about it doesn't usually end well. Would you look a-there I may have learned my lesson from that time I injured myself because of my lack of patience and abundance of frustration.

I hate how if someone gives me a compliment I automatically go to you got the wrong person and/or what do you want. After I remind myself to take it and say thank you and realize they meant it and no strings attached. It is nice to be thanked for something you do. Not that I do anything solely for that. I don't ever even want to do anything for recognition or to earn brownie points with someone. Anyway, point being I totally fail at accepting compliments and what not.

I love it how sometimes something as simple as a television show can connect you to people and you make great friends. I owe Doctor Who and Castle for letting that happen. In the case of Doctor Who there's a little boy that will come up to me now and talk Doctor Who. I love it cause it's interesting to see things, including that show, through his eyes but can I tell you a secret that little boy has taught me so much and not about a television show. When you see things through the lens kids see you get so much more of the picture and a more honest view. I've learned so much about my own walk of faith, or to be honest sometimes lack of it, when I see this young fellow ask for prayer for people and believing God will heal them and seeing him not be ashamed to be seen praying. People don't give kids enough credit. They remind you of the simple things and help you see things your adult eyes and way of thinking can so often prevent you from being able, or wanting to.

Speaking of God I've wrestled with a few things I've wanted to post and I'm still not sure if I'm supposed to make a post or if it's all just for me and where I'm at right now. So as I wait a while longer on that I do want to write a couple of things. First, why do we try to fit God in this itty-bitty box and limit Him then people will ask where are you God. In that box you shoved and hid Him away in. It's not that He can't but to often we hinder Him. Like those people that interrupt you every time you try to talk. I think we do that sometimes along with putting Him in that box. I recently had someone say I should be out of church by a certain time and I said not necessarily how you get that. And there response was well you're supposed to be (the time they gave would have me in church exactly one hour, no more no less). Apparently along with that life is fair when.. book I didn't get the book on correct church service etiquette. But that's an example of putting God in a box. It's like people say alright God I'll give you a couple hours on Sunday (including Sunday School) and an hour on Wednesday then you got to go back in the box until something is goes wrong then I'll come let you back out. We don't like it when friends only contact us when they want something and don't know us all other times yet we do God the same way sometimes. God's done to much for me to try to keep Him in a box and hidden until I need Him because I need His help and guidance everyday, all day.

Lastly, unlike a preacher saying they'll close ten times I really will stick with the two points I said I would, I often hear people say they say their a Christian and they said or did this. Said statement comes from Christians and non Christians alike. Many will say that person is a hypocrite and yes there are hypocrites in the church, always has been always will be down here anyway. A Christian isn't perfect they make mistakes but when they fall, and they will, they try to make it right and ask for forgiveness. And for the ones pointing fingers always remember you'll always have more fingers pointing back at yourself and that goes for anything and everything you judge others on for failing and such. Christians should be willing and ready to pray for, well everyone, but I also feel they should do so for that person that is struggling in an area. I believe we are all capable and have areas where we can help people. I believe people are in our lives for a reason and often times it's to help and encourage them through things they struggle with. So long story short don't judge if you ain't willing to help that person in whatever way you can because as I saw on a quote be an encourager the world already has enough critics. Love people, give them time and chances to grow before you go saying there's no chance and try to pull them up and discard them like a flower you planted and after one day said it's not going to do any good, there's no hope because there is always hope until the last breath.

No comments:

Post a Comment