Tuesday, February 12, 2013

I'm one of those people that when I read a book, I am in that place with those characters while I'm reading, and if it's really good even after I've finished reading. If I'm going to invest my time reading I'm investing all I got, plus I always say it's the cheapest way to travel and you can even time travel that way! I say all that to say this, last night I read an article on MSN about how if you are a person that gets sucked in when reading a book that it might make you have more empathy. Now I definitely won't feel bad for getting drawn into these books I read. If you think about it, I guess it does make sense though. However, I also read in that article that it only seemed to affect people when they read fiction. Apparently, we can't handle reading nonfiction and having empathy towards real events and people. I guess cause we can't separate from it and we feel guilty about it. I guess it does make sense because people do tend to believe if they act like it didn't happen or it's not there then it'll just magically go away and every thing will be like it should. Anyway, I'm going to keep on reading and getting lost in my stories.

No comments:

Post a Comment