Thursday, February 14, 2013

Shyness...a blessing and a curse

To the people that know me it's no shock that I am quiet and not big on being hugged, there are exceptions to both of these of course, I am also like Sheldon Cooper and sometimes wish people would hold a sign up because I can't tell if they are being sarcastic or not. Case in point, last night I got surrounded by people (4 people actually but it can feel like a lot more when they are that close) and they got talking about hugs. Then skip ahead and attention gets to me and I'm asked so I guess you don't need a hug. Needless to say I got a hug and then somehow my quietness was brought up and something along the lines of 'You're going to have to get out of that, people like that make me nervous' Here's where I needed that sign held up cause I'm fairly certain that was sarcasm but I'm not sure. Because I know it's one of those things people pick on you about when you're quiet so I'm thinking that's all that was about. God knows I am super easy to joke with because truth be told for the most part I get a big kick out of it. So bad thing, shyness makes me nervous around others, possible good thing, my shyness makes others nervous. Which if this is true, means that they don't have anything over on me. I admit being shy and socially awkward isn't my idea of how I want to be, but I like to think of it as I save the real me for people that deserve to see how I really am. I don't think that makes me fake or anything, I just make people work really hard and prove I can trust them with seeing the real me.

No comments:

Post a Comment