Monday, June 17, 2013

Over the Rainbow

I am a huge fan of Judy Garland and Wizard of Oz, in fact my favorite song from the movie is Judy singing 'Somewhere Over the Rainbow,' something about just pulls on so many emotions. With that being said, nothing beats actually seeing a rainbow in real life and I can't see one without thinking and sometimes even humming a little bit from the song. On my way home last night it was raining, one of those monsoon types of rains, and as I went a little further the sun started peeking through the clouds as it was still raining. If you've ever played with a water hose spraying the water on a hot summer day trying to cool down or the basic science experiment this automatically gets you thinking somewhere there should be a rainbow. Usually I hardly ever get to see a rainbow even though the conditions may be right for one so I didn't look to hard, plus I figure the other drivers would appreciate it if I kept my eye on the road. A little ways down the road I just happened to look to my left, nothing caught my eye or anything, I just happened to look that way and wouldn't you know I see a beautiful rainbow. I haven't seen one in what seems like forever, which makes it even more special and beautiful when I get to see one. However, last night was double special because as I had long left the rainbow behind and thinking that's all I was getting to see I was driving down a hill into the county I live in and I see a rainbow again. I guess it's probable it was the same rainbow but nonetheless I was excited to get to see a rainbow twice in one night. That's when I finally remember I actually have my camera with me and so I pull over and get my camera out and take a couple of pictures of it. It always blows my mind but it truly seems I'll hear a song, have a conversation with a friend, or in this case seeing a rainbow twice in one night to remind me to not give up and it's all going to be all right and of course all of these things always makes me smile.

No comments:

Post a Comment