Thursday, June 6, 2013

Over thinking, it's what I do...

The other day as I was walking outside I saw a little bird flying at a larger bird trying to chase it away, presumably from it's nest. My first thought was you go little bird and then my over thinking kicked in. First, forgive me for over using the word bird in this post but I honestly don't remember the kind of bird it was so I'm kind of stuck over using that word. After seeing this it got me thinking here is this little bird that is going after another bird twice its size to get it away from something it cares about with no regard for itself and the fact that by most standards it shouldn't be able to get the bigger bird to go away. The instinct of this little bird is to protect what it cares about and it doesn't pay attention to how big that problem is and how little it is but it gives it all it has to do every thing in its power to protect and face its problem. I guess I'm taking the long, scenic road to say we should have the out look as the little bird does when we face a problem. I can sometimes make a problem much bigger than it really is and that's my first mistake. I shouldn't focus on how big the problem is or looks, or how long it may take me to get over this obstacle but I should stay focused on the fact that I can face this and I will see this through even if it doesn't end the way I plan it'll end the way it should. The whole thing kind of reminded me of the saying, don't tell God how big your problems are but tell your problems how big your God is. Here is where my little tale of yet another example of how I over think ends and in case you are wondering the little bird was successful in chasing away the other bird.


No comments:

Post a Comment