Friday, November 15, 2013

A Year of Ramblings and Counting

I can't believe it's already been a year since I started a blog and I still don't know what I'm doing (technically not officially until 6 more days but close enough). I'm not sure what surprises me the most that I even started this, I actually write on it regularly, or that I haven't deleted it yet. I guess really all of the above. I don't know why people kept saying I should start a blog, the voice in my head saying that was a ridiculous idea makes perfect sense, but I stepped out of my comfort zone and finally figured why not. Of course not without several failed attempts before I finally got all the way through the set up. There still is no rhyme or reason for this but perhaps that's why I've kept it as long as I have. This is one of those rare cases where it's been easy to do something and not have a clue what I am doing. It's quite easy to type what I want when I'm hiding behind cool fonts and no pressures of people looking at me while I talk, plus it is way easier for me to write instead of talk. Yesterday I found myself having an attention problem and was reading some of my older posts. I honestly kept thinking, I really wrote that because that's actually not that bad and then I found myself going back to try to figure out how I came up with some of those analogies and ideas to write the post to begin with. I don't think I'll ever figure out my thought process but maybe that's good because if I ever figure it out that might ruin what I have and I'll never be able to come up with the things I do. Some things are better left alone and not being able to answer why is a good enough reason/answer. Not to mention it has to mean something that over-thinking, worrier me actually has wrote almost 100 posts in a year (probably more if you count the few I did end up deleting) and been more open and honest in them than I tend to be when I have a conversation with someone...still working on that one. Anyway, I'm glad I've kept it going and even if no one reads it or gets anything out of it I'm proud that I stepped out of my comfort zone and started a blog it's just a bonus if people do read and get something out of it even if it's just one of those 'You do that too?!' moments.


No comments:

Post a Comment