Wednesday, November 27, 2013

Thanksgiving

Tomorrow is the day that has been designated for us take the time and be thankful and carry on traditions that have been passed down and create some new ones. I guess it was started to be thankful for the years harvest but it seems to have expanded now. I figured this would be a good time and post to express what I'm thankful for since I tend to get busy and don't always appreciate or realize how much I have to be thankful for. Therefore here are just a few of the things I'm grateful to have in my life:
  • Family - we may not see each other that often but I love them and would do anything for them
  • Friends - my list of true friends may not be long compared to others but I am grateful for my friends that are there for me even when I try to push them away. 
  • Home- so many don't know where they will lay down at night so I don't ever want to take a warm home and comfortable bed to sleep in for granted
  • Food - I'm fortunate to not have to worry about when or where my next meal may come from, again I don't ever want to take that for granted. 
  • Books - it may be a strange thing to put on a list, but I'm thankful to enjoy reading and to be able to read anything I want, when I want. 
  • Faith - perhaps this should have been placed first on my list, but either way I'm thankful to live in a country where I can go to church and read the bible and not fear being punished for it.
There are many other things I could add and specific people I could thank for so much that they have done but this gets the basic point made. Whatever you do or don't do for this holiday may we always remember to be thankful everyday for what we have. There are people out there that would give anything to have some of the simplest things that we have but so easily can take for granted. I know it's something that I need to work on doing myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment