Friday, November 1, 2013

Title Not Found

If you've ever read very many of my posts you will remember that on several I kept mentioning a story I was writing, rewriting and finally rewriting again. Good news, I finally really did finish it. I have to say for the first major story I've ever really attempted to write it actually turned out decent, at least, I think it's a story that one could read. Not that you wouldn't find things to add or fix while reading, in fact, you may find a lot cause I know I do that  with any thing I ever write. So far I have given a copy of it to two people and by Sunday I should have a total of seven copies given to people. To be honest I think actually given it to someone to read has been the hardest part of all of this. As weird as it sounds it makes me feel very vulnerable to let someone read something I wrote. I even feel that way when I write a poem. Throughout all of this, and if I'm honest, long before I have realized how much easier it is for me to live in my own little world then in the real world where I have to interact with others. I guess that's cause I feel like I have more control in my own little world and that makes me feel more comfortable. In the real world I never know what to expect, which can be interesting but also a bit intimidating for me. I think that's why I've always had a life long admiration for books and have loved to read. I'm also sure that's why Superman is my favorite superhero just because he can fly. Many times I wish I could just fly away and escape somewhere where I could better sort through my thoughts. Not to mention it's very easy to like Superman when Dean Cain is one of the guys that portray him! :) And yes, Lois and Clark: The New Adventures of Superman was one of my favorite shows back in the day. I still like to watch that show.

I recently got to finally get away even if it was only for an overnight stay in Tennessee. I was able to see the beautiful leaves changing colors. I even got to to go an area called Roaring Forks, that I had never been to before. It was a trip by myself that I had desperately needed for sometime. Ever have those times where you just need to be truly left alone and get away from people, or at least the people you are normally around. On some of the roads I went on they have preserved log houses on them. Needless to say that was my favorite time down there. Driving on those roads and getting out to see those cabins surrounded by the woods and a couple even have a creek behind or close by. I am terrified of water (more accurately of drowning) but I absolutely love the sound of the water cascading over and through the rocks. Something about that is so calming to me. Here are a few of my favorite pictures I got:




1 comment:

  1. Love the pictures! And the vacation destination. Lois and Clark was one of my favorites, too. But more to the point of your writing: it definitely provides a feeling of vulnerability to write down your thoughts, edit them, and then push them out into the world. It's one very scary feeling.

    ReplyDelete