Friday, June 13, 2014

And so it goes...(that has nothing to do with what you are about to read)

You ever get those feelings that something is going to happen? Intuition, a joke, real or a hoax I don't know but sometimes I do that. I usually try to ignore it and pass it off as my personality getting the best of me but sometimes I just can't shake it. When I just can't shake it I tend to start listening then because I figure it ain't worth taking a chance on it just being a joke at that point. I had originally planned on going to a particular destination for my vacation this year and was really looking forward to it. Except it slowly started when I'd think about it, particularly one area I'd be going to, I'd get the feeling I shouldn't go. Then people would give me looks and say oh you better be careful. So after that I just played it that I was just feeding off what others had said. Until today and I started looking at directions and such again and I got the most awful feeling of dread I'd gotten. So after talking with my cousin that is going with me I made a remark of somewhere we could go to make up for it. Now I thought if this is just a joke I'll feel bad for changing the plans and still want to go. As soon as we decided it'd be better to change plans and our new destination will be perfect I kid you not I got this feeling of peace and like a burden lifted. So, real deal or ain't no way, I'm glad I listened this time and perhaps I should listen a little bit more often and carefully.

On a whole other level of random, I have recently hit a slump in this losing weight/getting in shape road I'm on and was getting very discouraged. I try to spend my lunch break jogging, and by jogging I mean doing so in place in the house because I will not run outside and if anyone ever sees me doing so don't ask questions just run in the direction you see me running because my life is in danger. Usually in all honesty that doesn't last to terribly long until the other day I made it longer than I ever have and then today I beat that record by 5 minutes. I'm finding out just how much a difference I can make in this journey by what I say to/about myself. It definitely helps that I have some very encouraging people around me that will say they can tell a difference and just positive things. If any of you have done so and actually read this thank you, seriously I really do appreciate it. I may not accept the compliment very well when you say it but you have no idea how much it has helped me. Sometimes I get so focused on the number on that evil scale and forget how much I have accomplished so it's nice to have an occasional reminder. And I know that in the end I'm the one that has the ultimate control over it and I have to change my way of thinking and pat myself on the back for the small goals I reach, which by the way I most definitely did congratulate myself on this recent goal I finally reached.

No comments:

Post a Comment