Friday, June 27, 2014

Life Is A GIft

Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, today is God's gift, that's why we call it the present. I've seen this quote several times and it was one of those quotes when I first read it I thought yeah that's true and quickly went on to my next squirrel moment. However, the older I get the better I understand this quote and realize just how true it is. The last post I wrote I had written that I had one thought but I was going to keep that to myself for a bit longer. That bit longer didn't last as long as I thought it would. You know I really do look at life as a precious gift and one I don't handle with the appreciation and care that I should at times and by that I not only mean my own life but I to often take for granted the lives of others. Forgive me if this is vague and goes in circles I'm trying not to make it to depressing and maybe even to a certain degree I still ain't ready to share all of that thought. Anyway, life really is something to be treasured because we aren't promised tomorrow and in theory one thinks and hopes they'll have a long prosperous life but it's not guaranteed. So much for not making this to depressing, huh?! I really believe God is trying to tell me something and I think that something is that although it's okay to have a guard up it's also okay to let that down and let people inside. Not only that but that I need to do better about telling and showing people that. Perhaps I do more than I realize but I know there are many times I don't tell people. I've had people I care a lot about that have faced health scares and such and it just makes you realize that in the snap of your fingers things can change, people can be taken away. One day I watch a little girl smiling and excitedly skipping to the children's class at church thinking we all need to be that excited to be at church and just that happy about life. Tragically the next day that little girl along with her families life is cut terribly short in an automobile accident. And before I go on with any more thoughts I do sincerely ask that if you pray, please remember that family as well as the family that also lost a family member in the other automobile involved in the accident. I don't write this for someone to say well that's not fair and/or look what kind of God you serve because for one no one is to blame it seems part of the human psych to need to blame someone if they can't get any other answer for why something happened and to often God gets the blame. Second, there is nothing that has ever guaranteed anyone gets a definite number of years on this planet does it make it any easier to see someone you love leave, absolutely not. You could live hundreds of years and it'd still not make it any easier to say a final goodbye to someone. My point is that well when things like that happen only God can give you peace and get you through it (my opinion, you don't have to agree) and that we should never, ever take the ones we love and care about for granted or think we have one more day to go on that little trip with them or to say I love you to them. Recently on the show Rizzoli and Isles they paid a very heartfelt and emotional tribute to Lee Thompson Young and I really liked what Rizzoli said which in part was,
  ...Those wonderful and perfect and beautiful memories. Those thank God are ours to keep. It is my honest desire to make sure that I don't get to busy 'living' that I don't make some wonder, perfect, beautiful memories with those that I love.




No comments:

Post a Comment