Saturday, May 18, 2013

Jo Dee Messina Concert

I know I said I was going to try to take a break from posting but I had to write about this. Friday night I got to have another dream come true and see Jo Dee Messina in concert. I had seen her when I was in high school and she was the opening act for The Judds concert at Rupp Arena and ever since then have hoped and prayed I could see her again and even one day get to meet her. Honestly never thought it would happen, at least meeting her, but thank God it did. She puts on an amazing show and if you ever get the chance I highly recommend going and seeing her, you get your money's worth. The woman has a tremendously under rated talent and she sang some songs that are going to be on her new record and they are AMAZING!!! Her new single, I believe it is called The Woman's Rant, or something like that is a great, catchy song that every woman can relate to married, single, kids, or no kids. It's coming out some time next month, listen out for it and request it like your life depends on it because it's time country radio starts playing more of the singers with real talent instead of the same two songs. Jo Dee was nice enough to come back for an encore and sang a song called "Me' she has posted on her Facebook page how hard it is for her to sing this song especially the part about being a daughter. The song is very moving and powerful talking about who all she is to different people: wife, mom, daughter, etc. It's a real anthem for what women are to so many people. I was fortunate enough to get a CD cover signed by her, thanks to my cousin getting it to her so she could sign it. Then we waited afterwards in the rain (yes I am so that dedicated of a fan) hoping to get a chance to get a picture taken with her. Our persistence paid off and she was nice enough to come over and talk to us and take a picture with us. I would also like to point out that this quiet girl started a conversation with the stranger sitting next to me and talked where they could hear me. I was proud of myself for doing that. Can't end this without mentioning meeting two very nice and absolutely hilarious women from Indy. They was cracking me up and made standing in the rain more entertaining. I am so very thankful I got to meet Jo Dee Messina and can't wait to hear new music from her, I encourage you all to check it out, you won't ever be disappointed with her music.

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like an amazing experience! I would love to see her someday, as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you do get to see her someday. She is one of those artists I would go see as many times as I got the chance. She seems to have such a great personality as well as amazing talent.

    ReplyDelete