Tuesday, November 4, 2014

A-Typing I will Go....

You always hear that everyone knows everyone and their business when you live in a small town but I can prove that is not always true by voting. Yes, I said  I could prove that isn't true by voting. This morning I went to vote and the lady asked my name and when I told her she asked if I had any ID because I didn't look familiar to her. I've even heard someone say something about me and the person they were talking to would proceed to exclaim 'Who?' complete with a look of bewilderment and for the briefest of moments it looks like this person has an imaginary friend. I rather like the fact that not to many people seem to know me. The less people I know, the less chances of rumors and the like are to be started! I imagine there are people I went to school with that don't even know who I am. For the people that do know me the most popular words to describe me are the quiet or weird one. And I do own both of those descriptions quite well. Back to the lady that asked for my ID, have you ever seen someone that looked so familiar but in the files of people you know or have seen you just can't seem to place their face with a name of who they may be or at least of who they remind you of. It's frustrating when you never can remember who a person is it's kind of amusing when minutes, hours or days later when the name suddenly comes to you which then usually goes into you having to figure out why this random name popped in your mind.

It's only been a few days since the time went back an hour and I want to go back to the other time. Give me a little bit when it starts getting cold and I won't care, or care as much anyway. One good thing is that I have been waking up before the alarm goes off so I don't have to hear it blaring at me. At least I can use it getting dark at 4 o'clock to my advantage and catch up on reading because there's not much else to do. Speaking of which I started reading The Walk series last night. I think I am going to love this series. It's written in diary form which I have always loved to read books written like that. I also will be reading Lizzie & Jane by Katherine Reay which I am super excited to start as well. I loved her first book Dear Mr. Knightley and have been anxiously awaiting her second book. When I went to the bookstore to get it I was worse than a kid in a candy store. I saw no less than ten books that I would love to read. I was proud of myself that I only got that one book though. This is why I'm glad I can't get used to reading on a Kindle or Nook type of device because I'm not sure I could stop myself from buying all of these books as easily as I can when I'm at the store.Not to mention I am such a dork that I just really love walking through a bookstore, I'll take that over going to a store shopping for clothes any day.

Lastly, I'm not sure if it's the cooler weather, my age is trying to trick me and make me feel older than I am or what but I'm having a major I feel old stage. This morning I woke up and finally have had to break down and try to use some of that pain relieving cream. My first thought about this was I am to young to smell this old. I don't know why the smell of that stuff makes me think of old people. It doesn't even really seem to help, just makes you smell...old. 


A-Typing I will now stop :)

No comments:

Post a Comment