Saturday, November 15, 2014

Some days you just need to vent...today is that day.

Today is one of those days I really, really wish my grandma was still alive because it would be great to still have her around but I could really use one of her hugs. If you want to continue reading let this be your warning that this is just going to be a venting post because my mind is getting a bit cluttered and I need to clear it up a bit.

Growing up I heard when you reach a certain age you get out of high school, another age you get a job, an average age you should be married have a family and so on and so forth. My question is when do some people reach the age that they quit blaming everyone else for their problems and accept some of their own responsibility or at the very least move on. Let me say this I ain't talking about the issues and things that happened to you that no one should go through or that you had absolutely no control over whatsoever. Those things unfortunately happen but then again I suppose even with those you have to reach a point and not blame anyone, including, if not most importantly yourself. Funny how when things happen to you especially out of your control that you can spend so much time blaming yourself thinking that it was somehow your fault, you deserved it. Anyway, that's a whole other topic. My thing is the people that waste their lives blaming others for something they never got, that they felt they were entitled to. Blaming someone because they now nor never did have a good job, that type thing. This bothers me even more when you blame someone that has been dead and gone for years and ain't even around to defend themselves. Even if the reason is justified and there is truth to it there comes a point where there is no denying there was at least one opportunity a job could have been gotten even if it wasn't a job you liked or wanted. Oh but it is so much more easier to blame others and push the responsibility on someone else then to take the consequences upon ourselves. Gotta keep the conscience clear somehow don't we? Truthfully I think that's what it all boils down to, we do what we gotta do to keep our own conscience clear and for many that is to cast off blame and responsibility to others even if we gotta keep blaming the dead. Even if there is some truth to some of the blame we put off on others there still comes a time where you got just accept and move on. I guess I'm just a firm believer that everything happens for a reason sometimes, okay quite often, because of my own stupidity and arrogance in thinking I know it all so I then take the same roads and turns a lot of times before I'm like okay fine which road do you want me to take and I listen to that little voice in my head finally. The thing that bothers me so much about these people that live their lives blaming others is that they are so blinded by what they don't have or what they feel they have missed out on they can't even see the blessings staring at them. No you may not have that great paying job, the new car, that way to big house like your neighbors that you covet, but why don't you look around at what you do have. Over the years you read these stories of people that seemingly don't have anything, they'll be living out of their cars but for them they are rich beyond measure. These people that are constantly give me, give me give me or complaining because yeah they got heat but it's expensive and if they could get this other kind it would be better it gets to the point that you feel you just can't help them that there is no pleasing them. No matter what they have they'll see something that is better that they wished they had. I don't understand, I truly don't and God how I have tried to. Am I always grateful and happy with what I have, no I'm not if I'm honest and I know we all have those days that's not my point, but it becomes a serious problem when you stay in that ungrateful state of mind. You live there long enough it's like you have tunnel vision and all you can see in that tunnel is what others have when in that dark space that you can't shine a light at to see you have so many things to be grateful for. If you can't appreciate the little things and the roads it takes to get and often times keep those things how is getting those big things going to make it better, how can you appreciate them if you were to ever get them? Nine times out of ten if they were to get it they'd find something wrong with that thing within five minutes to five months and be wanting something else and still be in that miserable state. Do I have everything I want? No I don't. Do I have every thing I need? I absolutely do and that's what's most important, at least to me.I don't know I'm probably looking at it wrong but the way I see it there comes a time in your life where move on to the best of your ability and that does not mean the wrongs won't come back and bother you at times and you play the what if game but you got to decide to move on and decide that it got me to the road I'm on now might not be the one I want to travel on but I'm going to make it to my destination whatever comes my way and I'll learn from the wrongs and mistakes but most importantly I'm gonna be grateful for it all. Cause without the bad you can't appreciate the good, you can't even find the good.Again I ain't talking about the things that we have no control over but with everything you have a choice at how you are going to view it. You can constantly use it as a crutch to prevent you from walking and going where you want or should (even if that means you tried and fell flat on your face, you tried and that sometimes means more than what would have happened if you had made it). or you can get to the point and you just write that lesson learned down in the big book of experience and you toss that crutch away and run free from that which is holding you back. To many people are walking around with chains shackled to their feet blaming others for hiding the key when they can't even see all along they've been holding the key in their hand.

And that's all I have to say about that, thank you for reading my little ranting.

No comments:

Post a Comment