Sunday, November 9, 2014

Just A Poem I Wrote

So I haven't been able to write anything (except emails bothering a couple people) but last night I was finally able to write something. Now as I say I am a Christian and this has that kind of theme. I ain't trying to force my beliefs on anyone but this is one of my most honest poems about my life and walkin my faith. This and Quiet Girl are probably my most sincere and honest writings. So if you want to read it continue but remember I don't claim to be a writer definitely not a good one but I got to get my thoughts out. Just like my posts I don't know what to title it yet.



For many years I've worn a mask
To the truth I thought I had a firm grasp
But I was using a lie as a shield
The real me I wanted kept concealed

Many said, 'Don't ever change.'
But I knew I couldn't stay the same
I lived my life full of fears and lies
That those mountains I couldn't climb

Until I put away my pride
For my life needed a new guide
Then I was told about Christ
And I saw things in a new light

You see God's grace and mercy
Could love and forgive a mess like me
So it was then all of my sins I confessed
The peace I felt I can't fully express

Since then many times I've fallen down
But by my sins I am not bound
Through the blood of Christ chains are broken
I cry out for forgiveness all my sins forgotten

No comments:

Post a Comment