Friday, January 9, 2015

Hiding Place

It would seem I'm getting all of my thoughts written down this month so the rest of the year there will be nothing to write about, unless there will be a lot to happen this year which I doubt, not to say that is necessarily a bad thing. In reality just like I never really have anything to say I don't really have anything to write. I could call myself out as  a liar with that previous sentence because in reality it would be safe to say we all always have something to say. Like when someone asks your opinion and you say you don't have one when you have already thought your opinion but figure it's not worth stating for one or more of a various number of reasons. My top ones are I just don't like confrontations, my opinion don't amount to a hill of beans (another one of those sayings I wonder where it originated from), or you won't hear and/or will interrupt my opinion before I get it all out so there's no point in wasting my time. Same with not having anything to write, please I could fill all of those journals I have and buy all of the ones I would love to have that I see when I go to the stores but the problem is what I have to write well I just can't risk someone finding it where I've written it down or them reading it if I wrote it on here, providing anyone ever really reads this. Oh look, I just wasted a whole paragraph typing about nothing and that folks is how I passed school when I had to write reports!

You ever wonder why people call other people weird like it's a bad thing? One day I would like to tell them, 'Great! That means I've escaped your tiny little confined box of what is normal and can I just say the view out here is much more beautiful.' Until that day arrives I just stick with yeah or the occasional you say that like it's a bad thing.  I really did come up with the perfect name for this blog when I called it ramblings (well you know the rest) but I don't really understand why we call things or unfortunately people weird if they say or do something that we don't understand, like or that fits in that little box of ours. I'm personally claustrophobic so I try to expand my box as much as possible, I love and prefer to understand or learn why a person does or likes something. It's like me and my cousin were talking about one time and how people will get mad if you don't like something they like, well see I just don't really get that either. To me that's not the problem, that's what makes us unique otherwise it could be a very boring place not to mention I've learned about a lot of things I would have never known about because of people that liked different things than I do and some I found I actually liked to and some I still don't like but still I now know about something I never would have.

I'm fairly certain I've written about that and what I'm about to write about before. I should change the blog to Rambling Repeatings of a Quiet Girl. I only repeat because in real life I have to repeat myself so much and still people are lucky if they get half of what I say. That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

So I guess I could get to why I even titled this post hiding place, one it just came to me and it could be used as a title so I just used it because me and titles just don't get along but I like to have or find hiding places because sometimes I just like/need to be alone.  I like to put on my invisa-shield and observe people or just be in my own little world and no one ever see me. I am even okay with letting a few people in but that's it (again one of those things people act like is so weird and I just don't get why). Anyway, at church I have a place I have called my hiding place (it's totally not you can easily see me but I like to sit there) it's actually on the steps and if it's my week for computer than I like to just sit on the stairs while I wait for church to start. It's also great if there are a lot of people and I start to feel a bit overwhelmed. Perhaps it is weird but I like to sit and/or lay on the floor, my back will remind me why I'm getting to old for that if I sit there for long but I still prefer to sit on the floor. So for me this is a win-win situation, I get to sit in a comfortable place and hide from people. I guess I really do sit there to also try and hide from people because you would be amazed how many people walk by and don't notice me. Okay I really did purposefully sit there a couple of times to hide from people (nothing against the person I promise, cause I truly think the world of everyone at church, I just...I don't know we'll keep the reason for another time, which really means I'm keeping the reason to myself).  I'm a people watcher too and it's a great place to sit (well I have to actually stand if I want to people watch) and just watch people. You get to see the real person when they don't know people are watching, which makes me a bit paranoid cause I wonder how often that has happened to me and what people really see.

Ending with the song In Summer from Frozen because I don't know maybe it'll kick these winter blues and it's Olaf, you gotta love Olaf (unless you hate or are burnt out on anything Frozen then I guess pretend you didn't see any of this last part).

No comments:

Post a Comment