Sunday, January 11, 2015

Quiet, introvert, sensitive...me

Hello, my name is April and I am quiet, introverted, awkward, and highly sensitive. It used to bother me when people say I was/am so quiet but the older I get the less it bothers me because, well, I am quiet but more than that it is one of many traits that make me who I am. I don't need to be seen or even heard by multitudes. What I say can be forgotten before our conversation ends but my actions will stick with you forever. It is more important for me to make everyone I meet feel like they matter because they do. Many people probably think I am stuck up because I really am so quiet they probably didn't even hear me say hello. I can't tell you how many times I've been sitting/standing next to someone and say something and they didn't hear me. Or how many times people don't hear me when I'm at a restaurant. When I die can someone have 'Can you hear me now?' written on my tombstone? I think it'd be funny but I do have an unusual sense of humor. I'll haunt you if you put my picture on a tombstone though! Oh and let us not forget the numerous times I've heard, 'I'm sorry I can barely hear you.' I used to wonder if there was something wrong with me and wish I could be louder but not anymore because it's quite alright to be quiet (or talkative, or both, don't got to be loud to be talkative)because sometimes those loud, talkative people need to just slow down and listen and just maybe without the quiet people around they may not do that as often. Besides you got to have a balance. Can you imagine how unbearable it'd be if we were all talkative or all quiet? Either one would get on my everlasting nerve, not even gonna lie. So if you're talkative (which you can be even if you are 'quiet') or quiet it shouldn't bother you if people point it out because that's part (albeit a small part) of what makes you who you are. We all need to take the time to say what needs to be said and the time to be silent and listen because we have a time to say something to help someone and we have a time to be told something to help us in our journey. In the end it isn't the amount of words you said, how loud you spoke, or even how many people you talked to but what matters is that you took the time to help others in this journey because we're all so much more than those few words that people, or we ourselves, use to describe ourselves. We are who we are meant to be to help those we meet along the way and so we can be changed and grow because of those same people we meet. Plus if quiet is the worse thing people can use to describe me well I must be doing something right

No comments:

Post a Comment