Thursday, January 1, 2015

Hello 2015

Why is it you can wake up early and stay awake on days your off work but work day it can be so unbelievably difficult to wake up? It's like when you can be so sick but as soon as you walk in the doctors office your symptoms decrease tenfold. I started 2015 wide awake at 5:00am. Most people would use this time wisely by cleaning, reading, going back to sleep but not me. What do I do? Get in my car and just drive with no particular destination in mind. I ended up in TN taking a drive through Cades Cove. Now I can at least be guaranteed one trip will have happened this year. The good thing about getting an early start I beat all those people sleeping off their hangovers. On my drive I had a thought that I think is a possible repeat but gonna share it again anyway. I knew there was a lot of trails through there but in the summer you can't see the actual trail that well but in winter you can easily spot the trails even without the aid of signs. Here arrives the over thinking analyzing. Our thoughts can be like the leaves and sometimes those thoughts (leaves) can become negative and overshadow the trails and the leaves that are truth and positive. Over time be it with the help of friends, or many other ways sometimes we can see the negative thoughts. And just like in the fall those thoughts can change, some end up dying and falling from our tree (that stinking thinking slowly goes away). And then like in the winter the tree becomes bare from those negative thoughts leaving and just like in the spring new leaves will sprout if we can continue to focus on the truth and positive thoughts our thoughts will be like those new leaves in the spring and be new, the truth, positive and/or just happier and able to see those trails that can be easily hidden by lies and stinking thinking. So for my first day of the new year I think I started it off well. I think I needed that time looking at nature, listening to music, and sorting my thoughts while taking a drive.






No comments:

Post a Comment