Friday, March 1, 2013

Another Lesson gets Learned...

It's always interesting when you hear something that you needed to hear and didn't even realize you really needed to hear it. It's even more interesting when the source is something or someone you would least expect. Case in point today I was listening to Chonda Pierce (she's a comedian in case you've never heard of her) and just laughing at her jokes not thinking anything about it. Then she takes a serious note and something she said just really got to me and reminded me that it's all good! Now if I can just remember what she said and keep on applying it to my life I'll be even better. I have a tendency to learn a lesson only to forget it and get stuck in the same lesson sometimes because I keep forgetting to apply what I learned from the lesson the first time(s) I've been in this place. It's my deja vu lessons as I like to call them, I thought I had the answer and was applying it but somewhere a long the line I either didn't get all of the answer or quit applying what I learned to my life. Some may think that is bad and that you failed cause you got to learn a lesson over and over but sometimes I think it could be we just need a reminder in that lesson. Think about it, when I get in my comfort zone and things are going fine I start taking things for granted and forget about things and I personally don't want to get complacent and take things for granted. So if I have to go through a lesson I've been through again, I'll take my mental notes and fight my way through it or perhaps it'll be a new lesson it's time for me to learn. Either way I'll learn what is necessary to make me who I need to be and keep doing what I need to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment